Version 1.2 Guards! Guards!
* Neighbors frown at your hard-attained wealth? The last guard you hired made off with your retirement fund? Purchase the brand-new Second-U Guard Deed and entrust your worldly possessions to the only person you can really trust! Available at certified Second-U retailers only!
* Each Second-U Guard Deed comes with a highly specialized 3D printer, allowing your new protector to copy your equipped weapon whenever you interact with it! (Warning: Due to the above-normal number of accidents during testing, printing of hammers has been disabled. As it is impossible to fully transfer combat expertise onto clones, their performance with certain types of advanced weaponry may be unsatisfactory.)
* Fixed some weirdness with the clone-parent dialogue code.
* Some general code cleanup.
Version 1.1 Colony Edition
* Individual Second-U items have been moved to the Second-U Store, which is craftable at the Research Station.
* Second-U Colony Deed added! Now you can populate the planet with yourself, run errands for yourself, and rip yourself off on rent! Or just leave a clone to keep an eye on the other tenants while you're away. Available at your local Second-U Store!
Alone in space on Valentine's Day?
Second-U is your ticket to a perfect date. Available at your Research Station for a limited-time price of 5000 pixels, Second-U works with every sentient species in the universe – documented or otherwise.¹ For your new friend's convenience, it will also print exact copies of the clothes you're wearing. And yes, that includes customizations.²
At Second-U Ltd., we care about the environment. This is why each Second-U unit has a mechanism preventing creation of more than five beings at a time. As an added safety measure, dislocating the unit will initiate an emergency dispersal procedure, transporting all but one being in the vicinity to habitable locations in far reaches of the galaxy.³
Second-U: The last friend you'll ever need!
SECOND-U LIMITED IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ARBITRATION SERVICES IN MATTERS OF AUTHENTICITY OF SENTIENT BEINGS. THE USER OF THIS HARDWARE WAIVES THE RIGHT TO FILE INDIVIDUAL AND CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS AGAINST SECOND-U LIMITED IN CONNECTION TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS HARDWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SHIP LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, IDENTITY THEFT, AND PHYSICAL AND MENTAL TRAUMA. THIS HARDWARE IS PROVIDED AS-IS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES BUT WITH BEST WISHES.
¹ May not be compatible with species exhibiting a non-standard form of sentience. Minor behavioral variations in generated entities may occur.
² Due to patent restrictions, certain imported goods may not be accurately duplicated.
³ We at Second-U Ltd. believe all sentient beings have the right to live. We hope you share this belief.
~ INSTALLATION AND TECHNICAL STUFF ~
Drop the .modpak file in "<starbound_path>/giraffe_storage/mods". The item will be available for crafting at the Research Station; if you've only just started, you might need to upgrade your ship a couple times to get it!
This mod is intended as a toy, as well as a modders' resource. As such, additional features such as clone tenants, clone guards, or clone crew are unlikely to be incorporated, but you're free to implement them on your own and share the results! I tried to make the code reusable and self-explanatory, but if you have questions, hit me up – although it may take me a while (or forever) to answer.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Second-U 1.2 Guards! Guards!
The last friend you'll ever need.