1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Scrapbench: Re-purposing & Reverse Engineering 2.0

Item scrapping and random weapons crafting! Get some use out of your old junk!

1. the420urchin
    Out Of The Blue Mod Production Presents...

[​IMG]
    ~Scrapbench v2.0~
    [​IMG]

Sick of coming back from a tiring day of adventuring to find your inventory and chests filled with armor and weapons you're just never going to use? Hate wasting items? Well now with the handy Scrapbench you can turn all that old equipment into crafting materials!

[​IMG]

• Ability to scrap all vanilla armor, weapons and tools to return it into valuable resources!
    • Break down generated guns and swords into parts to be reverse engineered into new weapons!
    [​IMG]
    So you've maximized your storage space and have built a store of weapons parts? Then it's time to break out the Reverse Engineering Table and develop new random generated weapons using the parts and tiered metal bars!

[​IMG]
    • Different weapons require specific amounts of weapons parts.
    #part. weaponresults
    1. Dagger / Pistol
    2. Axe / Machine Pistol
    3. Short Sword / Uzi
    4. Spear / Shotgun
    5. Broadsword / Assault Rifle
    6. Hammer / Sniper Rifle
    • Weapon levels and rarities are based on tiered metal bars, and the amount you use.
    level. bartype
    1. Iron
    2. Steel
    3. Titanium
    4. Durasteel
    and so on....
    • Gun Rarities (by bar amount):
    C - 5
    U - 10
    R - 20
    L - 50​
    • Sword Rarities (by bar amount):
    C - 5
    U - 10
    T2 - 15
    UT2 - 20​

[​IMG]

If you find any weapons or armors that can not be recycled or any other bugs or problems then please let me know. As always comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Reverse Engineering Overhaul!

Recent Reviews

1. sρooκs
    sρooκs
    3/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Impervium needs to be lowercase in the recipe files, top tier items won't generate otherwise. The item requirements are a hassle. RNG items are luck-based so you will want to spawn many, not only one over and over. I would rather have spear parts, dagger parts, etc rather than a number of sword parts. The mod isn't bad, just unpolished.
    1. the420urchin
      Author's Response
      Thanks for your review, unfortunately the last time I worked on this (I have been very busy lately) doing what you ask was not possible for some reason. For some reason things would work in such a way, I actually went though many different attempts and systems and just found this to be the easiest and most player friendly way without making it bulky. In fact at first it was just a scrap bench, it wasn't meant to be a gun generation mod at all but breaking down different types of random guns/swords to give different items wouldn't work so they all had to just give one item, hence where the sword parts and gun parts came from. I just needed to do something with them and so concepted the weapons bench. If I have the time I will eventually clean this up and update it. School and work just leaves little time.
  2. küken
    küken
    5/5,
    great mod, in addition to the Gun Assembly mod simply perfect!
  3. CrispyBlockland
    CrispyBlockland
    4/5,
    This is pretty good. Just a few things that bother me:

The starting weapon for humans, the hero's sword, cannot be scrapped.
    Stone tools such as the pickaxes, hoes, and axes, cannot be scrapped.
    Weapons from mods cannot be scrapped, but this is completely understandable.
    That is all. I also have a suggestion, you should make the sword/gun parts scrapable too. Perhaps one iron ore for each?
    1. the420urchin
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review, great ideas. For some reason I didn't even think of allowing scrapping gun/sword parts but that's genius. I will hopefully get an update out soon with some of your suggestions.
  4. Michelle911
    Michelle911
    5/5,
    Awesome mod!!

Definitely the best one of the 500 others rofl /endextremesarcasm

wtg! and thanks :)
    1. the420urchin
      Author's Response
      Your welcome and thank you for the support.
  5. Terode
    Terode
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Excellent mod. I cannot see a better way to use my old weapons. Well, maybe if there was a sell function in the game, but until then, this mod has it covered.
    1. the420urchin
      Author's Response
      How about making more powerful weapons? Because yeah, you can do that now.
  6. renato1402
    renato1402
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    PRetty good mod, but, Everyone makes this mod, this is one of the 500 versions, but it is still good , nice work.
    1. the420urchin
      Author's Response
      This new update adds quite a lot more, it adds many useful and unique features to the mod. I hope you find it standing more in it's own light now.