1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Sandbox 1.5.2

Sanbox turns Starbound into the sandbox game it was always meant to be

1. apinanaivot
    Sanbox turns Starbound into the sandbox game it was always meant to be. It removes the storyline and replaces it with a new progression system that gives you freedom to play how you want.

Supper's Combat Overhaul is required for Sandbox to work. Download it here: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/suppers-combat-overhaul.5630/

Sandbox removes the storyline from Starbound completely, you are no longer a space-jesus who just graduated from universe-saver-academy and who is taking orders from an old lady in a wheelchair. Instead you can choose what you want to do, with zero handholding, and progress through the game at your own pace.

In addition to removing the storyline, Sandbox adds variety to every aspect of the game to increase replayability and to make every playtrough feel different. Tired of seeing the same annoying monsters on every planet? Monsters on planets are now 100% procedurally generated, with hundreds of new monster parts that the generator can choose from. You can still encounter the pre-made monsters in dungeons. Sandbox also adds variety to planets by making them use randomised colours instead of the few selected ones. There are plans to add new plants, microdungeons and blocks to all of the existing biomes, as well as to add completely new biomes.

Compatibility
    Requires you to make a new character to work properly.

Sandbox supports the following race mods natively: Avali, Avikan, Bunnykin, Familiars, Felin, Munari, Orcana, Peglaci, Fenerox, Skelekin, Vespoid, Viera, The Saturnians. It's possible that unsupported race mods might work, you will have to try out if you want to know.
    Make sure that "skip intro mission" option is ticked (as it is by default) if playing with a custom race mod, otherwise it won't work.

Sandbox is not compatible with the following mods:
    - Frackin' Universe
    - Optional Story
    - Optional Erchius Mining Facility Quest
    - Nebula Pack (Nebulan Intro)
    - Felin Intro
    - Natural Slopes
    - Scripted Artificial Intelligence Lattice (Customisable A.I.)
    - Supper's Monster Additions and Supper's Npc Improvements (They are already included in Supper's Combat Overhaul, which is required for this mod)

If you are using Pandora's Box or Shiny Monsters to add more monster variety, I don't recommend them since they will massively limit monster variety because the colors are pre-made are not procedural like in this mod.

The following mods are included with the mod, so you don't need them separately:
    - Radiant Worlds by Mackinz
    - Rattan Crop by Mackinz
    - Monster Part Mod Pack
    - Npc and Monster Fall Damage by Kitikira
    - Tile Ground Effects by Storm_UK
    - Racial AI Restorer Colorizer
    [​IMG]
    If you find bugs or a way to access the main questline, report it below.

If you find bugs or a way to access the main questline please report them.

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1644335760
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. 1.jpg
    2. 2.jpg
    3. 3.jpg
    4. 5.jpg
    5. 4.jpg.png
    6. 6.png
    Vrow likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Ickura
    Ickura
    1/5,
    Version: 1.5.2
    I don't want to download Suppers Combat Overhaul.
  2. KuyaBatman
    KuyaBatman
    4/5,
    hello can this work with pandora's box, very nice mod
  3. Lirei_Taichen
    Lirei_Taichen
    2/5,
    Good mod, but killed by its dependency on super's combat "overhaul".

Sadly gonna stay with the other sandbox mod or even normal progression.
  4. Vrow
    Vrow
    5/5,
    Sandbox does exactly what it says beautifully. I never have to worry about being railroaded into a shoddy story that makes no sense, and can choose to progress how I want instead of how the "story" dictates. It's like pre-1.0 days where Starbound was true to its genre instead of... yeah.

The included and required mods adds even more to the entire experience which I am adoring. It's a mod I absolutely recommend to anyone who wants to taste how good Starbound used to be, and how awesome it should have been.

Thank you so much for this mod!
  5. CrawdadCow
    CrawdadCow
    5/5,
    Does what it says on the tin.