Upon seeing this mod, I downloaded it and found that it seemed to be largely unpolished, so I took the effort to fix that. Then I asked the original author for permission to post it here.
Based off of Skittles' Race Template Mod.
Feel free to leave your feedback in the discussion topic. I love hearing from people who are using this mod!
Cat Info"This isn't your ordinary house cat. This alien species of cat can talk telepathically, and in lieu of opposable thumbs, uses telekinetic powers to handle items. They can also run slightly faster than humanoids."
BUGSThere shouldn't be any of the fatal kind, but if you do encounter any errors, please go to the discussion section and tell me what was going on when the game crashed, and give me your starbound.log file. I'll see what I can do.
- There is no portrait for cats since the portrait box draws from the head sprite and there is none.
Changes from the original version:
The p_petsaddon.pak requires Purchasable Pets to work, and was really only made so that I could enjoy the pet I semi-created. If you do not have Purchasable Pets, ignore that file.
- Now comes with its own invisible clothing set, including craftable back and head hiders.
- Uses the default Hylotl ship (Because of the fish)
- Jump animation is no longer a single, static frame
- Duck frame added
- Solid color variations added
- Eye color variations added
- All errors from the original were fixed
- Added secondary fur pattern colors
- Comes with its own tiered short sword set
- Now has tiered (but invisible) armor
- Comes with its own ship pet, the rolliepollie!
- Bounding boxes slightly reduced so you can fit through tighter spaces
- Custom cat name generation. Can YOU name that reference?
To install, place the .pak file(s) into your mods directory. If you already had this installed, remove the previous version's folder first. Make sure you have a Race Extender, or you won't be able to use this mod!
TO-DO LIST:Figure out how to add NPCs to the universe
Figure out how to edit certain humanoid animations to only apply to cats
Figure out why the fullbright frames on the swords aren't working.
Make the rest of the crewmember types.
Add more descriptions for objects.
Thanks to The Admiral for getting the mod started and uploading it to Steam Workshop.
Thanks to Skittles for their Race Template Mod.
Thanks to everyone answering my dumb questions on chucklefish forums.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Playable Cats Version 4.0
Don't just have a pet cat--BE one!