1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Chickens 3.5

Today's your clucky day!

1. WE'RE BACK!!!!!

Omekk
    [​IMG]
    Well, to say it has been a long time would be quite the understatement. Originally, when I began working on this mod there was a lot going on in my life and I was dealing with a lot personally. I wanted desperately to keep updating this mod but was not able to keep up with it. Recently, I began playing SB again with some of the people in my life and was inspired to bring this mod up to date with the current version of Starbound. While doing so I had to redo a lot of the art and how certain things work but I am pretty happy with how this has turned out. I want to continue to expand on this and grow the mod into something more but I'm just not quite sure exactly which direction so suggestions are VERY welcome. PLEASE let me know if you encounter any bugs. The biggest issue which I'm looking to work around is the handling of the netted chickens, eventually I'd like to change how those work in regard to capturing/spawning chickens.

The core of the mod is the same, once you have access to the outpost then you will be able to find Scotty the Avian explorer.

[​IMG]

He's heard some pretty interesting rumors about these rare chickens so you might want to make your way there pretty quickly. He should provide you with the recipes to craft the incubator, chicken nest, and feather compressor through a series of quests.

upload_2020-8-29_16-10-27.png
    Chicken Nest, Feather Compressor, Incubator

You'll place a fertile egg and it's corresponding ore (coal for normal/rooster) into the incubator to produce a hatchable egg.

To get more fertile eggs from your chickens you will use the net gun to shoot a net at your chickens, once you've netted them then you can place them into the nest (1 x chicken of a certain type and 1 x rooster - there's only one rooster) to produce more fertile eggs which then can be incubated and hatched. DO NOT NET A BABY, they will not survive. :( I'm trying to figure out a workaround for that at the moment.

[​IMG]
    Copper, Iron, Gold, Diamond

Chickens will roam around as usual, however, they will occasionally become ready for harvest and will drop feathers! (you must press E on them to harvest) Once you have 5 of a certain feather you can then take them and put them into the feather compressor. Press compress and watch the bar/refined element appear before your eyes! :D

Lastly you will find the eggs that you are not able to find in the quests in chests out on planets! Explore and find them all!

That's basically it for now! The included chickens are as follows:

Normal Chickens
    Normal Rooster
    Copper Chickens
    Silver Chickens
    Robot (Iron) Chickens
    Golden Chickens
    Diamond Chickens
    Tungsten Chickens
    Titanium Chickens
    Durasteel Chickens
    Aegisalt Chickens