By popular demand: Unlimited Crew Size!
Finally, you can have as big a crew as you want on your ship! However, there are a few caveats:
~~~~~~~READ THIS IF NOTHING ELSE~~~~~~
HOW THIS WORKS:
Crew Size is determined at the MOMENT you upgrade your ship. If this mod is installed when you upgrade, you have the large crew size, if not, you have the default crew size.
Additionally, you get the liscence to upgrade your ship if and only if you get the maximum number of crewmembers on your current tier of ship. Due to this, I have ONLY increased the crew size for the FINAL TIER of ship.
Finally, because crew size is tied *specifically* to your race's ship, all non-vanilla races will *not* gain the benefit from this mod. Sorry. You're welcome to build a mod specifically for those races if you'd like.
WHAT THIS MEANS:
If you do not yet have the current best tier of ship in vanilla starbound, you can upgrade your ship to Tier 8 and enjoy unlimited crewmembers!
If you have already upgraded to the best tier of ship in vanilla starbound, you're in luck! I've also built in compatibility for the Tier 9 Ships mod. You can install that, buy an illegal liscence from the vendor next to penguin pete, and enjoy unlimited crewmembers! This also works for Tier 10, or at least should.
If, however, you are among the unlucky few who have already upgraded to a tier 9 ship, I'm sorry. There may be a way for you to enjoy unlimited crewmembers with this mod without rerolling. Some of the users of this mod report that you can do the following to get it working:
From the user Shackl --
"What I did to get this to work (I have a tier 8 ship):
1. Backup your starbound file just in case.(SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage). Save the entire storage folder. BE SURE TO BACKUP OR YOU RISK LOSING YOUR SHIP!
2. Open your save file and leave my starship (I waited at an avian colony). If you stay on your starship your crew will duplicate. Save and exit the game.
3. Go to the 'storage' folder (from point 1) and open the 'player' folder. Delete the four ".shipworld" files for your character (if you have multiple characters be sure to delete for the right character - it should be your most recent save since you just exited the game).
4. Enter the game again on your character but DO NOT enter your starship. You should be able to recruit more crew members now. Close the game again.
5. Restore the deleted '.shipworld' files (I used ctrl-Z but if that doesn't work just copy over the '.shipworld' files from your backup save).
6. Enter the game again and make sure that your ship is fine/crew wasn't duplicated/you can recruit more members. If something went wrong you can always replace the storage file with the backup you made.
Upgrading to a tier 9 ship did not work for me. I did not try upgrading to a tier 10 ship as I haven't finished the main quest yet so the bug might be caused by the new tier.
Thanks a lot for this mod by the way! I'll post if this solution causes any issues."
Do I need a new save? A: Only if you have already upgraded to the highest tier ship already.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
More Crewmembers 0.2
Have as many crewmembers as you need!