This is not a mod to be played, simply an idea asset for modders.
PLEASE NOTE PARTS OF THIS MOD ARE LIKELY TO BE OUTDATED. I WILL LIKELY BE MAKING A COMPLETELY NEW ONE IN THE FUTURE.
This collection of tiny experimental mods is purely a modders resource to get ideas to add to their own mods. It includes various small working code snippets of simple concepts which can be readily expanded upon. I did it in order to help influence more variety in the mods which are available and make it easier for starting modders to see how easy it is to add functionality to their creations.
As of the current version I have added a readme to each experiment to help explain the thought process and how it works. Though not all the code it self is documented most of it is self explanatory.
Current Experiments Include [ Blue Old ] [ Green New ]
- Lua based Chest
- Farmable Conditions
- reefpod requires to be underwater to grow
- automato seed requires ironblock to grow
- wheat requires water and consumes water.
- A bleeding status effect which uses a bandage to be removed
- A consumable item which spawns items into your inventory
- A status effect which reads your stat level and performs a function
- Spawning a liquid via an object
- Particle Emitter
- Experimental Pet mods
- Choose Pet \ Random Pet Code
- Pet Poop Code
- Bleeding 2.0 Status effect
- Status Effect Variation based on Race
- Liquid Transfer
Note Some mods might be disabled due to conflicts between other experiments. You will need to look through the folders to see which mod info files have been turned off to see the experiment in game. Keeping in mind you will need to disable the opposing mod which acts opposite to or conflicts with its function also. All common sense things really.
As always you can find my Git here - https://github.com/xxswatelitexx/madExp
Because I used dirty edits to make majority of the mods - partially due to pure laziness the other because it is easier to see the over all effect when you can see all the code at once without having to have 2 screens open. It is Highly recommended you run this mod collection in its own giraffe_storage folder. So it does not affect any existing characters or universes.
Zombie Icon from: http://www.yootheme.com/icons/freebies
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated [ M|R ] Mad Doctor's Experiements [sg]v09
A modders asset of examples of various things I made for my mods.
- Liquid Transfer and Wheat Farmable Update Jun 1, 2015
- Fixed Water Drinking Script , Documented Particles v.08 May 9, 2015
- Species Specific Status Effects V07 May 8, 2015