1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved Turrets v1.0.0.2

No firing before aiming, no breaking apart on taking down

1. No more pet attack

BloodyRain2k
    I noticed that the turrets were attacking pets too, which luckily didn't hurt them but it makes them during that useless so here's the fix for that.
  2. 1.0 Release

BloodyRain2k
    Updated for the 1.0 release and I also fixed the output while having a target, no idea where along the way that got lost, but it's back now, yay.
  3. Nightly CG U0

BloodyRain2k
    Updated to work with the api changes present in nightly Cheerful Giraffe Update 0.
  4. GG update

BloodyRain2k
    Comes now with a change to bring back item sliding since that was removed in PG.
    Also changes targetting as vanilla turrets only shoot monsters that are already attacking something and adds back aiming ahead for movement compensation which current vanilla turrets lack.

Turrets also use no longer weapons and just have hardcoded damage (for now I guess), but you'd need to take out your old rifles before updating SB altogether or hope they just spit them out, nothing I can do here about that.
  5. Pleased Giraffe Stable update

BloodyRain2k
    Pleased Giraffe Stable update (stupid message enforcement)
  6. update for SG U1

BloodyRain2k
    yay we're Stargate Universe 1 :D
    anyways, fixed a small bug that broke the turrets in SG, should all work fine again now
    Xavidd likes this.
  7. Firing arcs fix

BloodyRain2k
    Found out why the firing arcs weren't working and corrected that (defaults were setting them to the same as normal and the .patch lacked them).

So many attempts just to get this online...
    Cuynn and DarthTrethon like this.
  8. Stable Release Update

BloodyRain2k
    This should make them work again for now, not shooting prematurely works but the firing arcs don't seem to for some reason.
    Gotta look into that later.
  9. different firing arcs

BloodyRain2k
    I got a little bothered by the fact that the turrets aim only 40° up and down no matter how you place them.

So they now aim differently:
    targetAngleUp defines the aiming up angle, which is set to 60° for the stock turrets and defaults to targetAngleRange
    targetAngleDown defines the aiming down angle, which is set to 30° for the stock turrets
    If either of them is not defined it will default to the value of targetAngleRange.

This is how a ground placed turret would aim, a wall placed one...