1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Horizontal Doors 1.8.4

Adds horizontal "hatches" that fit into the floor

1. Under the hood update and one new giant door

FormalRiceFarmr
    Install this update fresh. Delete the old mod and do not overwrite!

A few notable changes, smelting is no longer the method to obtain doors, now you just craft them for 5 steel from metalwork stations or the tabula rasa. While I liked that you had to have the door to make the upgraded version, it's a burden to the nice doors that currently aren't available without modding or cheating. Now everyone can enjoy all the doors I convert.

[​IMG]

Also this new door. You'll notice it's different from the original.. I had to edit the sprite so that it would better fit symmetrically, allowing the door to take up less space and now be 3x9 instead of 4x8. I did this primarily because water collision against doors looks like garbage if there's a gap, which was present with the 4x8 version. See the new water collision below
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, I changed this door to no longer require anchors on both sides (that just doesn't make sense, it's a spike for crying out loud!) and I may do the same for the high teir doors that don't attach at the top and bottom.
    [​IMG]
Return to update list...