1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. Alot of cleanup!

G.Xyon
    I think it's safe to say the conversion from the merge to patch format is pretty much complete!

This patch cleans up alot of the old data left over from the previous versions that have either been accidentally forgotten, or deliberately left for other days:

+ GSF Databank:
    • The GSF Databank system is back, baby! With the databank and its items fixed, this brings up a few things I'd like to cover real quick: due to how recipes are unlocked with this item, it serves as an emulation of Enraged Koala's tier system, so for a small fee you can unlock the entire tier set of the respective mineral in use. This also helps for those who are currently a little behind and wish to catch up, or simply want to explore the mod a little better without having to craft ALL the tables.
    + Fixed up the ship's back thruster on the sprite, so the flame doesn't look detached from the actual engine. Also added an invisible light, but if you have an existing character it might not spawn since it's a change in the block images. Upgrading from Tier 3 to Tier 4 will make it light up, I believe!

+ Fixed the AI Tech Images to actually look like gyrusens. Aww yiss.

+ Fixed an issue where I have accidentally used a fairly old version of the NPC files, which led them to not spawn properly, behave erratically, sell overpriced cookies, and drink Starbucks coffee periodically.
    • Spawnable guards now follow you and help you out in stuff! Simply leave the spawner where you want them to spawn, and when in range they will automatically follow you. Interacting with them will cause them to stay put, and doing so again will let them follow you again. Bodyguard or village guard, that's up to you!

+ Fixed the GSF Base not spawning in right, then spawning about 6+ copies in a row, and the water not appearing where it should be. This also couples with the NPC fix, as they should now spawn in, as well as some proper treasures.

+ Fixed the minidungeon files and spawnrate, being too low of a spawn and erroneously placed code. ECH. You can now find the Elite Chip and all those rare goodies!

+ Fixed beds giving you nightmares and causing the game to nope hard (crashing).

On a small note, I'll attempt to update weekly, either a bunch of small fixes or some new additions. We'll see how this schedule goes!

Have fun, stay safe, and have a good one!
Return to update list...