1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated GardenBot 1.2.0 [20140424]

Automated Gardening Robots that work for YOU

1. Major Crop Changes!

tynaut
    **THIS VERSION OF GARDENBOT ONLY WORKS WITH THE LATEST 20140424 STABLE BUILD**

Greetings everyone! I'm happy to announce a new and improved GardenBot!

A few weeks ago, Chucklefish added some new code support to the game (in unstable) to be able to get more information about crops. I've been eagerly awaiting the push of this new code from the unstable branch to the stable so I can share some exciting new. Because of this new code, there will be no more compatibility needed between GardenBot and other mods (well almost). All custom crops created by other modders are now easier to detect without the need of additional scripts.

- No more cross mod support
    - No more warm up periods
    - No more missed crops, or GardenBot ignoring ready crops
    - No more "Why doesn't crop X work for me?"

A few exceptions to this rule:
    - Modder created crop does not contain "seed" in the object name. GardenBots will not plant these.
    - Modder created trees drop additional items besides wood. LumberBot will chop down but not gather additional resources.

For these exceptions mod compatibility will need to be created, but I will gradually add all of these directly into GardenBot when releasing other features. Some examples of these exceptions have already been added in and won't need compatibility, such as Avali crops, BetterMerchant crops, Trees from StarBooze.

If you encounter a seed that will not plant, or an item that drops from trees that is not collected, please contact me, and I'll create new support mods for compatibility.

GARDENBOT NO LONGER WORKS WITH PERSISTENT FARMABLES
    First off, you shouldn't be using Persistent Farmables anymore, as the wonderful functionality was added into vanilla, and it adds unnecessary overhead with no additional features. Now that there is better code support for crops, there is no need to even attach scripts to crops, hence why I'm removing crop support. Persistent Farmable crops are not even proper crop objects, therefore they don't support the new code.

If you have Persistent Farmables installed, and are removing it, you MUST dig up all your crops before removing the mod, or else you will lose all of your placed crops.

v82g
    A new bot has been added, v82g, he likes to plant grass as well as spend the day farming. There must be grass nearby for him to analyze before he'll plant more.

Special thanks to @Peelz for sending me the adorable sprites for v82g.

Please remove your old cross mod support files for GardenBot and Persistent Farmables before adding in this mod. There are still a few issues with Garden Markers that I am aware of and working out.

Thanks, and Happy Gardening.
Return to update list...