1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Familiars Race 2.51

Glowing Fuzzballs in Space

1. Pix
    Pix
    5/5,
    Version: 1.11
    They are adorable, glowing, tiny fuzzballs.

???

Profit
  2. Mercenary14
    Mercenary14
    5/5,
    awesome mod but I wonder how can I make the raw runium and raw lonnium
    1. Bitcoon
      Author's Response
      You should be able to fabricate them using normal ores on a certain crafting tool. In the previous version you'd get the ability to make that tool after fighting the first boss. But it's definitely not the normal furnace, iron, or crafting table.
  3. sid3aff3ct
    sid3aff3ct
    5/5,
    I love this race, they look adorable. My only suggestion is that on the creation screen flip the gender signs because a Y in genetics usually represents a guy while an X is female.
  4. EntropiaFox
    EntropiaFox
    5/5,
    Version: 1.10
    What a great custom little race! A real shame about clothing, but fortunately it does include a few really neat accessories to the point you won't mind it that much!
  5. CooperRaiden
    CooperRaiden
    5/5,
    Completely awesome and cute mod, I love everything about it especially the speech <3 Only problem I think is the eyes. They seem so... dark. But other than that awesome work!
  6. agmoyer
    agmoyer
    5/5,
    I love this found of them in a U.S.C.M Prison cell and he said to me "I told him to upgrade the RAM but ~NOOOoo" Love this mod, nice job!
  7. Diegopc
    Diegopc
    5/5,
    it's race is very cool! it has history tho which is neat. But it has a problem with the clothing synchronization, at least it's a nice mod.
    1. Bitcoon
      Author's Response
      Still waiting on the devs to never give us a way to change the player.config file on a per-race basis. If custom species could have their own values, I could fix the familiars without having to also break every other race in the game. ^^;
  8. KateisLost
    KateisLost
    5/5,
    I never want to play as the vanilla races ever again. This race it just too cute!!!!! I love it so much. Thank you so much for spending so much time making and updating this mod.
  9. Dragonflyspectrum
    Dragonflyspectrum
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02 Redux
    Super cute, I love them.
  10. Naritus
    Naritus
    5/5,
    Plain and simple, I like this mod.
  11. Devani
    Devani
    4/5,
    I love the familiars mod. They have sweet weapons and armor, but some fixes still need to be made! Keep up the good work!
  12. 92darkblade4
    92darkblade4
    4/5,
    i cant seem to extract the files to my mods folder please if you can help
    1. Bitcoon
      Author's Response
      Send me an email at thebitcoon@gmail.com, and try to describe the problem as well as you can. If the step by step instructions aren't working I'll do what I can to help! If you're getting into the game but it crashes, also be sure to send the log file as well, which is in the root Starbound folder.
  13. HuskyKDT
    HuskyKDT
    5/5,
    Hehe, these guys ar enot just cute, they are so hilarious!
  14. LC NOoSE IV
    LC NOoSE IV
    5/5,
    Cute I like it just a bit of fixes are needed left. Good mod.
  15. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    They have very cool designs. So colorful!
  16. Joneithevius
    Joneithevius
    5/5,
    I just wanted to ask- Will you ever try adding the Familiars race to the Racial Crossover Mod? I'm also using Avali and Kobold, and it'd be awesome if they could interact with the Familiars and vice versa!
    1. Bitcoon
      Author's Response
      It sounds interesting, maybe I'll try some time. ^^;
  17. Aidan
    Aidan
    5/5,
    Great great great race and works perfectly. If a mod works perfectly alongside other mods and I have no gripes with it I usually give it 5 stars.
  18. nightraiden
    nightraiden
    5/5,
    Love this mod! the familiars look AWESOME and have a AWESOME ship
  19. Deadcoffee
    Deadcoffee
    5/5,
    I love this mod! Can we remove the ship's backgroud though? I think it's impossible from what I saw and it's kinda bugging me, because I wanted to use some bricks there. If it's impossible, then that's the only thing so far that I wish to see changed in the mod :> Good luck with future versions!
    1. Bitcoon
      Author's Response
      Yeah, the background is part of the ship's actual texture, so there's nothing actually there. I would have had to create my own background blocks and I think that was sort of beyond me at the time. ^^;
  20. Joneithevius
    Joneithevius
    5/5,
    Version: V 1.01
    Love this! The wandering familiars replacing random Avian NPC's severely bother me though. I'd love to see them having their own settlements eventually.
    1. Bitcoon
      Author's Response
      Perhaps... though you'll find them scattered throughout a few different settlements as well, just not ones where their kind isn't so welcome. The familiars are supposed to be fairly rare in the universe and there really aren't enough of them to make up sizable settlements. Maybe at some point I'll add a small one, but I feel that having them show up living in random places is more befitting of their lore, and their rather poorly-understood place in the universe.