1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated EquipmentLocker 0.1

Update equipment on NPCs

1. tynaut
    EquipmentLocker
    This is a simple mod designed to give you tools to swap equipment on NPCs. Any armor/weapons that you craft or find along your journey, you can now give to NPCs to equip and wear permanently.

Details
    NPCs (vanilla) will now look for containers that have new equipment for them to wear. They will take the new equipment and place their old gear into the container.

Currently there are two types of containers craftable at the wooden crafting table:
    • Personal Locker - if an NPC does not currently have a personal locker, when they discover one (that has new equipment in it), they will claim it as theirs. This means no other NPCs will attempt to take items from this locker, and the NPC will not try to claim another personal locker.
    • Small Dresser - this is a general use bin, that all NPCs (even those that have personal lockers) will take inventory from.
    Currently both containers are designed to ONLY be used by NPCs created from spawners. This means you can spawn NPCs in your home base, and give them new equipment, but not convince an entire Glitch village to wear Valentines Day diapers. You need to add gear--or move around old gear--in the locker, for NPCs to decide they want to wear it.

NPCs will only swap their currently equipped weapons. A melee weapon for a melee weapon, a ranged for a ranged. This means villagers that do not have weapons, will not take weapons.

There is also, currently, no way in this mod to ask an NPC to remove an item of clothing (back/head) that they have taken. I recommend using this mod along with InvisibleArmor if you would like to remove armor from NPCs.

NPCs don't obsess over trying on new clothes. It's part of a list of many actions that they take. Don't be surprised if they spend time chatting with other NPCs, or lounging in a chair, before they notice a locker and decided to try on something that you've placed inside. Also, guards like to spend a lot of time "guarding" to impress you, if you stand around looking at them. Walk away, and they make take a break to try on something new.

Installing
    This mod is distributed as a modpak, this means that when you download the zip file, you unzip and place the equipmentlocker.modpak file directly into your /mods folder. No subfolders!

Notes
    If you encounter any issues, bugs, problems, complains, ideas; please contact me through pm or the discussion board. Initially, this mod was built as part of a larger mod I've been working on for the past months, but I decided to release it early as a standalone. There are still a few areas that I'd like to expand on or add to make this mod feature complete, but some of that requires feedback from you!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. haziel831
    haziel831
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    I miss this mod so much... ._. please update
  2. pone4
    pone4
    5/5,
    Terrific, makes my villages a lot more diverse, and gives a use to all the random clothes I've picked up.
  3. Jeoshua
    Jeoshua
    5/5,
    Love it. Finally I can deck some guards out in what I want them to wear, and not what they randomly start with. Gives more of a reason to give these NPCs a living space, too. Starbound is already feeling more homey.

I'm really looking forward to this larger mod you're talking about.