1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Doom Weapons Mod 1.1

Port of weapons from 1994's Doom II.

1. ato'90
    The Chucklefish Forums are having issues with downloading mods. In the meantime here is a download link to the latest version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27161/DoomMod.zip

A mod that recreates the weapons of Doom II for use in Starbound. Doom players may recognize these weapons as the "pickup sprites" that disappear when players run over them; they were ripped from Doom II and edited to fit within Starbound's art style. So, in a real sense, most of the credit goes to the Id Software development team. The weapons also use the original Doom sounds.

Most weapon effects remain the same, with slight changes to the number of bullets that the shotguns fire (for balancing reasons). Although the pistol pickup sprite was never used in-game, it could be found in the official instruction manuals. Therefore it was scanned and touched up for use with this mod.

Includes: the Pistol, Shotgun, Super Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, and the BFG 9000.

Installation Instructions:
    1.) Unzip the DoomMod directory into your /Starbound/assets folder. (The folders in the /Starbound/assets/DoomMod should be: bfg, chaingun, pistol, plasmagun, rocketlauncher, shotgun, and ssg.)
    2.) Add the following items to the tier1 section of your player.config file: doompistol, shotgun, doomssg, chaingun, doomrocketlauncher, doomplasmagun, bfg.

You should see the weapons when you open up the default crafting window - they cost 1 pixel to craft. You can modify the recipes to your liking. The recipe files for each weapon are in the root folder for each weapon. Example: /DoomMod/bfg/bfg.recipe

Note: We realize that we are not conforming to the new mod installation method. The resources for this mod were created prior to Offended Koala (12/15/2013.) The mod may be updated in the future to support this new installation method.

Images

1. Pistol.png
    2. Chaingun.png
    3. BFGExplosion.png
    4. Plasmagun.png
    5. Rocketlauncher.png
    6. Shotgun.png
    7. RocketlauncherExplosion.png
    8. BFG.png
    9. SSG.png
    quxxo, Gageat, Deteno and 3 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Doom Mod: Light Update

Recent Reviews

1. Itako
    Itako
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Doom weapons! What to say? Nothing! This is just cool!
  2. NekoUndead
    NekoUndead
    5/5,
    So good :D
  3. Snarkel
    Snarkel
    2/5,
    I cant install the mod =(
  4. ZIOM5000
    ZIOM5000
    5/5,
    Great, though a new version, that's added to the /mods folder instead of directly to the game files, would be preferred.
  5. MrNazgul
    MrNazgul
    5/5,
  6. Ninjawa
    Ninjawa
    5/5,
    This is great! You forgot the chainsaw tough.
  7. VIcariousViking
    VIcariousViking
    5/5,
    I love Doom. I grew up with it. Having slightly modified sprites from the original game and the original sounds is really cool. The weapons really feel "Doomy" hahaha. Just needs chainsaw ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bmg2nfHAHE - I covered this mod in an episode of my Starbound Mod Outpost video series.
  8. Xixari
    Xixari
    4/5,
    Awesome destruction !
  9. Ragorism
    Ragorism
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    A pretty great, nostalgic weapon mod.