"Ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. Know what the first rule of flying is? Well I s'pose you do, since you already know what I'm 'bout to say.
Can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat in the air that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home."
Crew not (yet) included.
Crew coming soon to Big Box of Loot mod.
What's a firefly without it's fire?
Outdated video tours!
You're gonna come with us.
For all you Firefly fanatics, here she is in her fully-sprited, Starbound-themed glory.
Suggestions? Bugs? Let me know! I'm not done working on this girl.
The Big Box of Loot Collaboration
Kittentamer's done some amazing work and will be updating it as new items get finished.
You can help us out, or suggest stuff to add here: Firefly/Serenity "Big Box of Loot"
Install for servers or friends who don't want to use the ship, check out the Compatibility patch.
Dead Squirrel's Firefly - Rusty Brown (v 0.9)
(Starbound v Angry Koala)
1) Unzip contents into Starbound/mods/
2) Create a new Human character in Single-player (You can use the Character in Multiplayer once they're created).
3) Fly like a leaf on the wind, you ghirdam Browncoat.
The ship files work for other races too! Just rename the ships/human folder to the race of your choice.
But! The Ship Chest will contain Human starter items. To fix:
1) Inside the mod folder, open dropship.structure with a text editor.
2) Search for the line:
"treasurePools" : [ "humanStarterTreasure" ]
3) Replace "humanStarterTreasure" with your race. ("avianStarterTreasure", "apexStarterTreasure", "floranStarterTreasure", "glitchStarterTreasure", "hylotlStarterTreasure")
=USING THE SHIP ON AN EXISTING CHARACTER=
Ok! So ... to use an existing character on pc:
1) We need to find the existing character's codename.
2) From here we have two options:
- Load up the existing character in-game, then exit Starbound. (This way the existing character's files are the most recently saved)
- Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The most recently edited one should represent your character.
- You should see sets-of-3 files with the same name, but different type: xxx.metadata, xxx.player, xxx.shipworld. Where "xxx" is an identical string of numbers and letters.
- Make a BACKUP of these files. If something goes wrong, you can always paste the old files back.
A ) Human character: You can delete the .shipworld (Or cut and paste it somewhere safe). Starbound will automatically make that character a new ship from the startership files. Remember to move all the loot on your old ship into your inventory or onto a planet first. You can always replace the old .shipworld if you want your old ship back. (You did remember a backup, right?)
B ) Non-human character:
- Make a new Human character. Load the dummy-human in-game.
- Now go back to the main menu. Load your existing character. Exit Starbound.
- Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The first 3-file-set is your existing character, the second set is the dummy-human with the ship you want.
- Copy the first character's shipworld codename ("xxx.shipworld"), then delete the file. Now rename the dummy-human's shipworld with the codename you copied.
- ... profit! (But not off other peoples misfortune. That's not civilized-like.)
Go to the forums: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/dead-squirrels-firefly.61456/#post-1630194
Or message me directly (Dead Squirrel)
EDIT: 1/1 Updated readme
EDIT: 1/2 patch 0.7, lights added
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Dead Squirrel's Firefly 1.0 Enraged Koala
Firefly/Serenity playership - "You paid money for this, sir? On purpose?"