Started this as a fun little exercise, but then decided to release it! Includes very simple Copy Machine objects that the player can craft for free without a crafting station. Here's how they work:
1. Pick a structure to copy. Place a horizontal row of Copy Machine blocks underneath it.
2. Clear out a target location nearby (within 500 blocks).
3. Place another Copy Machine block at the bottom left corner of the target area.
4. Activate (press 'E' on) one of the source copy machine blocks (that you placed under the first structure) to send a copy to the target area. Enjoy!
Here's a quick video demo showing the process:
- Objects will not be copied, only tiles.
- The copiers are still subject to standard block placement rules. For example, they can't create structures in midair without any connected blocks.
- Colored blocks may be copied without their original coloring, or be changed to the color of the current biome. There will be a fix for this in the next version.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Copy Machine v0.2
Simple in-game structure copying
- 0.2: Many code improvements, new Omni Copy Machine Jan 1, 2014
- I've added a Scanner and Printer to Sparkz Dec 31, 2013