1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Betabound! v12e

A base-game enhancement mod featuring new content! Not an overhaul.

1. Hammers and shields!

Sock_Bunny
    SUMMARY:
    1. Spears are stronger!
    2. BONE HAMMER!
    3. Racial hammers!
    4. SHIELDS!
    5. Weapon levels show!

-=- Weapons -=-
    • Spears are no longer underpowered.
    • Weapons now display their level.
    • The 'Plasma Machine Pistol' category has been changed to 'Plasma M. Pistol' to make room for the level label. ...Huh? Inventory mods? Since when has any inventory mod had to update because of me?

-=- Progression -=-
    • Added a series of (optional) tutorial quests!
    • Moved silver armor to the Metalwork Station.
    • The Cooling EPP Upgrade now requires refined rubium to craft, unless it does not require aegisalt.
    • Rubium can now be smelted at an Atomic Furnace.
    • Stone pickaxes, stone, wood, and coal can be found in the mines on lush planets.

-=- New -=-
    • The Bone Hammer! Find this procedural weapon in treasure chests!
    • Racial hammers!
    • Added a painting. No, you can't craft it.

-=- Recipes -=-
    • The first set of racial staves are now crafted with rubium and a battery.
    • The second set of racial staves are now crafted with their predecessor and cerulium.
    • Molotovs can now be crafted from whiskey and a torch.
    • Moved the Thorn Grenade recipe from the Iron Crafting Table to the Iron Anvil.
    • The Orange Stim Pack is back! I'll make a throwable version one day.

-=- Misc -=-
    • Blank Books and Copybooks can now be found in certain treasure pools.
    • Expanded on the descriptions of some (vanilla) food items. (I actually did that last update, but forgot to write it down!)
    • Gave new sprites to food items that borrowed sprites from other items (Rice Vinegar and Root Pop Bottle)
    • Avesmingo Cordial (both of them) have had their food value increased by at least 15, since Avesmingo Juice exists.

-=- Bug Fixes -=-
    • Did some technical thing that makes your Max Stack Increase mod work on certain (vanilla) items.
    (I will never understand why people set maxstacks to 1,000. That is the default, and only three items in vanilla specify 1,000.)
    • Cyanider is no longer incorrectly in the power category; and is now correctly in the mobility category
    • Plates are less visually disobedient. Eh? Nightmare Fuel? That's caused because it's categorized as 'prepared food' instead of 'drink.'
    • Items using the object4 or object4b tooltip no longer show their buff icons 10 pixels below where they should be shown.
    • Banana Split, Avesmingo Ice Cream, Oculemon Stew, and Reefpod Surprise display their buffs in the 'proper' order.
Return to update list...