1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. Bug Fix i think.

Cactuar
    Sorry for yet another update! Just making a lot more objects "default" formulas to circumvent bugs.

Also, the primitive version of the wasp boss probably got dragged in there, he shouldn't drop anything but feel free to mess with it.

To spawn it, collect some bee heads out of a bee trap. It should teach you the recipe. Or just modify the recipe file under monsters/waspboss
  2. Fixed.

Cactuar
    Alright guys. Bees spawn less again. the broken wasp has been fixed...

Let me know if anything "weird" ever happens when using a bee trap.
  3. reverted to 1.3.0 while i fix some things.

Cactuar
    The wasp was an unfinished asset, removed.
  4. Bee spawning fix

Cactuar
    For every bee spawned by an apiary, its now less likely to spawn an additional bee. Sorry for that.
  5. Bee mob, stacking apiaries, stored honey!

Cactuar
    The normal apiary now occasionally spawns a little flying bee to your world! DON'T HURT HIM FOR THE LOVE OF THE QUEEN BEE.

Apiaries should now stack nicely on top of one another.

The longer you go without interacting with an apiary, the more honey it will store! (Up to 10!)

This means in the future, bigger apiaries will store higher amounts of items!
  6. Fixed PGI bug

Cactuar
    Nocturnal Apiaries now properly generate nocturnal combs.
  7. Randomization fixed.

Cactuar
    Math.random moved from initial arguments to on interaction....

In other words, it'll actually somewhat randomize cooldowns of apiaries etc.

Updated the candle.
  8. Random apiary recharge times, some bug fixes!

Cactuar
    Oh, and i added a candle, but it has to be redrawn... it's ugly.

Apiaries should now take between 30 seconds and a minute or so to generate honey, sometimes more... this has been done in order to add the necessity for more than 1 apiary.

I'll eventually find a decent way to automate them for later content... probably requiring high tier mats.

Oh, and the bug fix: I forgot to make all instances of random bug generation on the bug catcher reset the cool-down, it was spammable! Oh no!

oh...
  9. Some fixes, a little addition.

Cactuar
    2 new potion types. Acquired on receiving 2 new bug types at the bug trap.
    A few new food recipes.

Honey straws: Small hunger reduction, and a speed boost. Many flavors.

Heart Beetle: Used to make healing potions.
    Firefly: Used in the glowing potion recipe.

Moon Potion: Removes the need for air for 180 seconds! Use it on the moon.

Objects added by this mod no longer function as platforms, with the exception of the apiary table. No more feet getting stung.

---Unfortunately, i have...
    Sporkell likes this.
  10. Bug Fixes, Potions.

Cactuar
    Update is mainly for a couple of bug fixes, but a little piece of new content got dragged in with it.

Added 3 potions, and made it possible to acquire silky bees directly ( they'll have a breeding purpose later on..)

Strong Potion: Direct Power Boost
    Glowing Potion: Long and potent glow effect.
    Flight Potion: Jump Boost, Glide, Fall Reduction (long effect time).

--much more to be added, these are just a baseline for potion content. I needed to make some more content centered around...