1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. bugboy777
    bugboy777
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2.5
    love it!!!!!
  2. Pezz
    Pezz
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2.5
    I feel this mod need more attention than its currently getting. Many of the bees and items in this mod are invaluable to a builder like myself, both for the aesthetic that various blocks lend to my builds (the honeycomb blocks make great hi-tech looking rivets when combined with other such blocks, like those found in the Avali mod), and because they allow me to put my coal to better use, rather than blowing it all on fuel (The radioactive bees are a godsend!)

I would say the graphics for the apiaries/alviaries are adequate, not to say they're in any way bad, I just personally prefer more clean-cut futuristic stuff ;P A couple of PGI issues in the current release (notably, strong bees not producing their respective combs), but they're fairly easy to fix manually, and I'm certain they'll get ironed-out in a future update.

All in all, love this mod, I'm fairly certain I won't be removing it from my lineup anytime in the foreseeable future!
  3. crazygreggy
    crazygreggy
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2.3
    An excellent mod and one I can highly recommend . The author is helpful and has made the effort to make his mod compatible with a number of other mods . I am expecting great things from this one .
  4. Iroza
    Iroza
    4/5,
    Version: 3.2.2
    I'd say it was time for plan B to take effect!
    This is just so unique and random i can't look away.
  5. Terode
    Terode
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2.2
    Great mod, but there seems to be a single "Perfectly Generic Item" in the crafting menu. Is this normal?
  6. Primetactics
    Primetactics
    5/5,
    Version: 3.2.1
    Great mod for lovers of honey! :D
  7. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Version: 3.1.1
    Doing some great, great stuff here. Looking forward to how things will progress as it matures. And then tie it to my own!
  8. Shurhaian
    Shurhaian
    4/5,
    Version: 3.0.0
    (Small spelling issue: "passified" wasps are mentioned in the thing made with a hive core. "pacified" is correct.)

I've played around with bees in Minecraft. I really, REALLY like that these ones are much more hands-off; the micromanagement was always the worst part in MC Forestry. But with these, checking in frequently just has the very tangible reward of keeping me awash in honeycombs. I like it! Haven't got very far with it yet, no bred bees, but it definitely has promise.
  9. chean
    chean
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0.0
    Very cool and extensive mod which seems to become more polished by the day! The concept of beekeeping in the Starbound seemed odd to me at first, but found it very natural and enjoyable once I gave it a try.
  10. angelicoreXX
    angelicoreXX
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4.0
    BZZZZZZ!!!!! nice mod btw .. hope u might add more bees! into the mod.. or hoping that someone can combine some other mod to get some said items next time.. i do wonder if possible to have a bee mech next time ?
  11. haziel831
    haziel831
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2.1
    okey... 1 hour testing, 20 apyaris...and is perfect!! The sounds and the new art are amazing. Nice job !
  12. TheJuiceBox_
    TheJuiceBox_
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.1
    This mod is just the bees knees.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Thank you so very much! Wait.. do bees have knees?
  13. DrBubba
    DrBubba
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.0
    Adds a wonderful new aspect to Starbound. I also cannot beelieve how often this mod is upgraded and enhanced. Hive no idea how he does it. This guy is the bee's knees! Anyway, I could drone on and on, but you get the idea.
  14. Peinguino
    Peinguino
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8.0
    Huhuhuhu

Starbound moar realist
  15. DellaLuce
    DellaLuce
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8.0
    Very Good ;)
  16. haziel831
    haziel831
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7.3
    I looooove this mod...but .-. my fps is going crazy... i think i have 12 diferent apiarys?! well no conflicts and no adicional problems for me. You done a great work ^_^ Keep up! i love your updates xD. Can you make Bee-pets? with diferent bonus or habilities? Tankiu for you time an stay strong! .o/ (sorry .-. bad...english...)
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Hey, i did some optimization on the bee graphics, how is your FPS with the new releases? They now use 1 body part, less transparency, and all share some files rather than loading them individually (1 behavior for all 20ish bees, not 20)
  17. Vuldreg
    Vuldreg
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7.3
    I loved bees in minecraft so this is awesome too see, I'm having trouble though with getting a forest bee where do they come from?
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Floran dungeons, the drysap dispensers attract them. (This is temporary till i make my own dungeons)
  18. AlphaKara1
    AlphaKara1
    3/5,
    Version: 1.7.2
    When I tried deleting this mod from the mods folder it just messed up my entire universe in the game.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      If you put down any blocks from the mod, such as wax blocks or platforms, you need to remove them from your ship or the planet they're on before uninstalling, as with any mod that adds objects that include a material ID
  19. mb210047
    mb210047
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7.2
    Very nice, I like seeing the bees flying around
  20. Inny
    Inny
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6.2
    An excellent mod that keeps being improved.
    1. Cactuar
      Author's Response
      Thank you! And thanks for the input, let me know if you encounter any bugs or would like some specific content! I have a lot to work on but bug fixes come first!