Ever see an Apex Empty Life Support Pod and wanted to hop in? Of course you have, comrade, and not only have you wanted to do so, it is now your duty. We applaud your decision to install this mod.
The Miniknog scientists have come up with a variant of the life support pod, and after several years of debating the merits of the names Banana Vat and Totally Not DNA Restructuring Pod, an intern in the Ministry of Knowledge's propaganda Information Department accidentally pushed it through with the very boring name ''Stasis Pod'. Oh well.
The pods can be wired to any output just like a light, and if they are turned on, you can enter them to rapidly regenerate health and slowly regenerate hunger. 20s will heal all wounds and 240s will fill a starving stomach. This is ideal for putting in your base to idle in, or on your ship. Since it is both a bed and a light, it should be usable in a room for a tenant (untested).
Future plans include:
- adding more stasis pod styles
- moving the recipe to something that can be used by mods like Sandbound
- making a version that works with power input since I personally use mods that add powered machinery
- figure out how to make a tenant who will spawn in, get in the pod, and never come out unless you disable it or speak to them (prisoner pods!)
- make the pods checkpoints, possibly when powered on a secondary node (so you can *just* sleep in some), so you respawn at them unless you are on a mission or haven't visited one since going on a mission.
- Add a minor animation to the Apex pod, after adding a pod for each race
- Figure out how to change the icon for this mod.
- Make pods designed to install filled capture pods in, like the tether, but render them passive/invulnerable and suspended in the pod.
If you find any bugs or have suggestions/requests, or if you are an artist and want to make pods, feel free to contact me.
As this is an early release, I would rather not have it included in mod comps or used as a base for other mods just yet. Expect many updates, and then I'll be okay with people using it for their mods.
Here are some previews:
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Ave's Stasis Pods 1.3
It totally won't rewrite your DNA, comrade.