1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated 80s Boom Box 1.6

One handed instruments. Carry your music around with you!

1. Osoreshi
    Welcome to the new music generation!

First of, hello. Now, let's go to the important, the mod
    80's Boom Box is as it sounds, a mod to add an instrument like old radios seen on TV or movies.

Just imagine for a minute being hunting... mobs just come and you stab them with your sword... or you are exploring the surface of a planet in the search of stuff and will like to pacifically walk but mobs wouldn't let you do so because they are bad and want to eat your children. Sounds a little boring right? Maybe some music will make this more fun! But main problem the only instrument that can let you fight AND play songs at the same time is the Male and Female microphone (not bad but not everyone taste).

What if you could play ANY instrument, kill all the mobs you want and look awesome in the process? Sounds cool right?

Problem: Hunting and exploring is boring me.
    Need: Music.
    Solution: This.

The process is simple, you make the Radio (just an item in it's first stage, not real instrument. Can be placed as furniture if you wish so).
    realcraft.JPG

Now, to make it work properly, you must find an instrument. All instruments work! Except for microphones, for obvious reasons.

inv1.JPG This will work, for example.

1. Go to crafting table or robotic crafting table
    2. Search for "<Instrument name here> Boom Box"
    3. Click Craft
    4. ????????

craft2.JPG

5. Profit!

2014-05-10_00002.jpg 2014-05-10_00003.jpg

Q & A:

1. I can't sing and play an instrument at the same time, your mod doesn't works!
    A: Mod is not guilty of this, this is a limitation of Starbound itself, so there is nothing I can do about it, I will also like to do that! But developers will decide if it's right or not.

2. Why is there two types of recipes? There is any difference?
    A: No difference at all, choose as you please.

3. Hey, what if I got bored of this? I want my instrument back! They are not easy to find!
    A: Fear not! I already thought about it and made a way to get back your instrument BUT you will lose the radio in exchange. Go to the Mod Music Table (since 1.6) and search for your desired instrument. You will get in return the instrument is made of.

4. Do you accept request or suggestions?
    A: Yes, I do, as long as it is within my capabilities.

5. Ever think of making different texture per Boom Box?
    A: Since I started this idea I've been thinking on doing so, but my art abilities are really poor. Took me a while to make the simplistic design of the radio and it's icon, so if anyone wants to help with it, I will gladly add them. I prefer programming over designing.

6. Y U NO LONGER SUPPORT OTHER MODS!? U EVN HAV INSTRUMENTS MODS11!!11!
    A: Simple, I can't anymore. If you have the mod, works neatly. If you don't, crashes occur. I lost 4 hours of sleep and a day of my online studies trying to fix this thing and I couldn't. If you know how to fix it, throw it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    End of file.

Thanks for downloading! Don't forget to report any bug, I'll fix it as soon as I can.

To-do:
    • Different icons and texture for each Boom Box.
    • An special crafting station for this, to avoid overload of vanilla crafting table and Tabula Rasa.
    • Make the radio a furniture item also.
    • Make also other tools as the pickaxe and the drill one-handed (intended but for another minor mod). Not going to happen. Most tools have right and left click functions, making really hard to turn then one-handed in this very early stage of the game.
    • Better resource icon (Meh X2/When allowed). Done, and never knew when, thanks forum modders!
    • Bestow the sprites of the furniture radio.
    • More sprites for the furniture radio... May be.
    • More colors for the Boom Box's.
    • Add (definitively) more uncommon (and some common) songs to play. NO
    • Get new ideas.
    • Extend this list.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    midii likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Broconut
    Broconut
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    Walkin' down the street to the hardcore beat while his Mann Co. boom vibrates the concrete.
  2. genjiworks
    genjiworks
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    This mod is poppin' fresh! A must if you are the types who are influenced by music.
  3. Lucasmg2014
    Lucasmg2014
    5/5,
    10/10 Always wanted to play music while murdering things.
    Love it.
  4. midii
    midii
    5/5,
    Great to see another Kitsune^2 fan, good mod my friend here have five stars ;D
    1. Osoreshi
      Author's Response
      I love almost every Lapfox Trax artist indeed. Thanks for your review, space traveler!
  5. alfreditojr
    alfreditojr
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    AWESOME! Just what i was missing in my instrument collection. Thanks you :)

One thing im wondering if it is possible to make it play multiple instruments at once?
    1. Osoreshi
      Author's Response
      Thanks for your review! :D Unfortunately no, the game itself doesn't allow you to play two instruments at once. Tried lots of times already.
  6. Zengoku
    Zengoku
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Dope as f*ck!
  7. Alex WaveDiver
    Alex WaveDiver
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Wow, pretty nice mod! Hoping to see the furniture version soon ยท:D
    1. Osoreshi
      Author's Response
      I'll try my best on that one. Thanks for your review :D
  8. Luistart
    Luistart
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Excelent!! :) I like it!
    1. Osoreshi
      Author's Response
      Glad to know. Don't hesitate to give any suggestions!
  9. TAKERUSB
    TAKERUSB
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    :D
    1. Osoreshi