" Midbulk transport, standard radion-accelerator core, classcode 03-K64 - 'Firefly'. "
"... You don't see the whole. The parts are crap, but you put it together you got a Firefly. Thing'll run forever they got a mechanic even half awake... Some people ain't lookin' for flash. She's a good catch."
- - - - -
Firstly to clear one thing I know a lot of hardcore fans will be annoyed about, yes the engine is in the wrong place. I was working off this image and mistook the Main Reactor for the Radion-accelerator core. There are also a few more discrepancies and cupboards/rooms left out.
This is my first attempt at modding and (aside from a few Minecraft skins) my first attempt at pixel art.
This project was started a while ago (15th Dec according to the files). Everything seems to have got in the way of it since then . I did most of it in between studying for and doing my Uni exams. After that I had to go back to my parents house for Christmas, which involved *shudder* socialising. Then I had a bit of a creative block (when I posted this). After that cousins came round for New Year. Since then I finished it (was mainly interiors needed doing at that point).
Ifrix's Firefly - v1.2
Starbound version Enraged Koala
(instructions borrowed from DeadSquirrel's Firefly shipmod)
1) Unzip contents into Starbound/mods/
2) Create a new Human character
The ship files work for other races too! Just rename the ships/human folder to the race of your choice.
But! The Ship Chest will contain Human starter items. To fix:
1) Inside the mod folder, open dropship.structure with a text editor.
2) Search for the line:
"treasurePools" : [ "humanStarterTreasure" ]
3) Replace "humanStarterTreasure" with your race. ("avianStarterTreasure", "apexStarterTreasure", "floranStarterTreasure", "glitchStarterTreasure", "hylotlStarterTreasure")
=USING THE SHIP ON AN EXISTING CHARACTER=
Ok! So ... to use an existing character on pc:
1) We need to find the existing character's codename.
2) From here we have two options:
- Load up the existing character in-game, then exit Starbound. (This way the existing character's files are the most recently saved)
- Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The most recently edited one should represent your character.
- You should see sets-of-3 files with the same name, but different type: xxx.metadata, xxx.player, xxx.shipworld. Where "xxx" is an identical string of numbers and letters.
- Make a BACKUP of these files. If something goes wrong, you can always paste the old files back.
A ) Human character: You can delete the .shipworld (Or cut and paste it somewhere safe). Starbound will automatically make that character a new ship from the startership files. Remember to move all the loot on your old ship into your inventory or onto a planet first. You can always replace the old .shipworld if you want your old ship back. (You did remember a backup, right?)
B ) Non-human character:
- Make a new Human character. Load the dummy-human in-game.
- Now go back to the main menu. Load your existing character. Exit Starbound.
- Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The first 3-file-set is your existing character, the second set is the dummy-human with the ship you want.
- Copy the first character's shipworld codename ("xxx.shipworld"), then delete the file. Now rename the dummy-human's shipworld with the codename you copied.
- Keep up to date with Starbound versions
- Take suggestions for changes
- Make at least one variant of the ship
- Animate engine?
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated 03-K64 - 'Firefly' EK - 1.2
"Ship like this, be with you 'til the day you die."