1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Your Starbound Crew 4.98

Go on missions to collect a crew for your ship!

1. Ghostsight

Ghostsight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey quick question and im sorry if i missed an answer to this in the past messages but do you know if this works along side the creative mode mod i was trying to make a huge base and populate it with the crew members but i cant seem to find the crafting for them where they used to be in the last star bound patch

2. YanniFirewind

YanniFirewind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there any chance someone who's played further than me could provide a list of what the different KEIs do? (Or tell me if there's one in game that I missed somehow?)

3. Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

I was unable to go to some coordinates listed in the Apex Planets book, which is a darn shame... I was hoping to find some of the items needed to make the Scientist Spawner there.

The coordinates in question are to Beta GG Lup 9931 V b, which is on the second page. I moused over all the starts to make sure it wasn't off-center, but none of them were the Beta GG Lup system. Here's a screenshot of what it centered on.
    I am using Windows 7, and here's a list of my current mods, in case they are interfering, but I don't believe any mess with world or universe generation;

AnTiMonster
    Bigger Chests
    Persistent Farmables
    Novakid+ (and I am playing as this race)
    Starface
    Vanity Station

I hope you can figure out what's causing the dilemma.

4. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Creative mode won't have access to anything besides the first crew member, all other crew and other stuff are crafted at unique stations to my mod (this also makes testing pretty annoying!).

As for KEIs: I'll get a lore book that explains it more, but as for now this is how it goes. KEI (useless) -> Malihini (adds a little armor) -> Now you choose between five paths: Either Kekoa (increases attack, can evolve to further increase attack or focus on defense), Lepo (gives you light and cold protection, intended for mining uses), Hele (run and jump faster, focused on exploration), Ola (gives more health, I wanted it to slowly heal you in the future), or Lapule (increases energy and energy regen). Kekoa, Lepo, and Hele are the "main" lines, and you need their evolutions to create the ultimate KEI, which then unlocked the hidden ones. Hope that helps!

Coordinates are currently for Angry Koala and I haven't updated them to furious yet. If any of them worked that would save me a little time!

Hope you all are enjoying it!

5. YanniFirewind

YanniFirewind Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome, thanks! Do you want those of us using the variety mod to start collecting coordinates for a compatibility patch? (Just a suggestion.)

6. Jajerjack

Jajerjack Void-Bound Voyager

I saw someone else post this, but never saw it addressed.

This mod adds Novakid to the character creation, but choosing it causes the game to freeze.

This makes it especially irritating when a mod is downloaded that adds Novakid, and it makes it difficult to choose the correct one.

7. Luminaesthesia

I've tried looking through everything and I haven't found a way to take it out of the race selection screen. What I'll do for the next update is change the little icon of the Novakids from my mod (unplayable) to X's or something to signify not to pick that. Otherwise the only other option is to take the Novakids out, which would make Ashblazer sad. Sorry about that!

8. Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, alright. Might want to make a note of it on the main page so people don't end up using up pixels for outdated books. No hard feelings as I had quite a few pixels at the time... just something for others!

9. Luminaesthesia

Luminaesthesia updated Your Starbound Crew with a new update entry:

Science, Meds, and Bounties!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

well crap no wonder these coordinates dont work
    hope after your break you can remove the bad coord and add good ones

11. Luminaesthesia

12. chickenman12365

chickenman12365 Intergalactic Tourist

same, when i downloaded this mod, i got the right version, and when i tried to load starbound it said there was an error

13. chickenman12365

do you think you know why, luminaesthesia?
    the only other mods i have are:
    fully customizable ship
    colony mod

14. Luminaesthesia

Try going to your Starbound folder, inside should be a file named starbound.log. Open that with notepad or preferably Notepad++ and it should give you a reason why.

15. chickenman12365

i dont have that.... not in any other folders..... ??? does it come with the mod? cuz i dont have it installed currently

16. Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

No, it should be in the Starbound folder, at the very bottom. It will be a text document. Look for;
    image.cache
    starbound.config
    STARBOUND.LOG <-- (this is the one you need to look at)
    starbound_server.log

17. orumac

orumac Void-Bound Voyager

don't work, I put it in my mod folder, created new character, not showing up in crafting. am I missing something?

18. Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, I don't think so. I believe I see what your problem is...

Are you still in the Alpha sector, before beating the first boss and unlocking your first star map? If so, THAT is your problem. You don't get a crafting recipe for your first crew member, the first mate, until you use your first star map. After that, you craft the first mate, buy the Crew Station, and then you can craft the other crew spawners.

This information is available to you in the Overview. I suggest reading it so you'll know what crew members do, as well as other things. One thing you won't find on the first page that I missed and was confused by at first, however; KEIs are backpack slot items.

19. orumac

orumac Void-Bound Voyager

ahh , yah dumb of me for not reading instructions. Thank you for the quick replied.

20. Wyzack

Wyzack Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, this mod is great! I just have one issue. I am using it in conjunction with Sky's Ships, and my crewmembers keep dissapearing. My mechanic, first mate and chef are fine, but i have lost 2 scientists, a doctor and a hunter. They randomly vanished one by one when i would leave my ship and come back. Any idea what could be causing it?