1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you turned into your main starbound character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NoahGoldFox, May 1, 2014.

?

What Race are you?

1. avian

25 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. hooman

46 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. apex

12 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. hylotl

31 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. floran

45 vote(s)
    21.4%
  6. glitch

22 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. novakid

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. other (post to specify)

23 vote(s)
    11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Tip: If you are deathly afraid that you'll end up in a lava pit, then try not to visit a magma world... like, ever. Might want to avoid most dungeons, too... Maybe take up farming? Or hunting?

Yeah, even two blocks of stone would force you to the ground. I always figured that my matter manipulator is picking them up and depositing them in an extra large dimensional pocket. Even if I dug them with a pickaxe, I think the matter manipulator detects loose blocks and grabs them. The fact that we see the matter manipulator whenever we PLACE a block of material supports this theory.

But it's not like Hylotl have a choice in the matter. :p

2. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Of course they do! Introducing the all-new, patent-pending automagic super awesome race-chage-o-matic 9000.1! Change instantly to any race of your choice!
    *Disclaimer: Side effects may include: nausea, sickness, mutation, gender change, blindness, loss of hearing, everything being rainbow colored, bloodloss, quantum teleportation, loss of feet, loss of a soul, inability to speak, being eaten by a floran, spontanious combustion, drunkedness, violent flatulence, becoming an agaran, and death.

If I became my main starbound character, I would probably take over the galaxy. I've probably answered on this thread before.
    Galactic domination would be so very easy; what with species disagreeing, tentacle monsters, agaran genocide, and rebellions taking place I could easily sweep in and conqure the weak, divided peoples.

Lecic likes this.
  3. Fawkzy

Fawkzy Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, mate. Florans are cannibal savages. No remorse felt.

4. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Hylotl and Humans have tried chemical warfare on Florans, so I wouldn't exact call them shining examples of anti-savagery.

Anyway, they've been shoved a few millennia of technological advancement ahead of where they should be. As shown by all the failed Creator experiments before the Glitch, advancing your technology ahead of your society causes some nasty issues. Give them some time to work out their problems. Florans like Greenfinger show that they CAN become more than just stupid plant people with spears.

5. Fawkzy

Fawkzy Void-Bound Voyager

That's not anti-savagery. That's pest control.

6. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

I know you're kidding and it's about a fictional alien species, but let's keep the racism down a bit.

7. Dreynguid

Dreynguid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey!
    I'm not a savage cannibal you know. Well, my fathher wass, 'sometimesss... But he really was a cazze !

And avoid pesticides, esspecially humans', you could poisson yourself. Not healthhy at all !

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  8. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

...My floran character was a pacifist...
    It was my hylotl that was a savage.

Thundercraft likes this.
  9. LordQ

LordQ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My last Floran character negotiated peace with Hylotl kind through my friend. Florans can be civilised so long as they're not treated like savages.

Thundercraft likes this.
  10. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

actually I think the lore behind the Floran story arc is that you stole a ship to get away from the savagery of the homeworld, which would technically make every player-made Floran "civilised". xD

Lecic, MysticMalevolence and LordQ like this.
  11. Jnse

Jnse Void-Bound Voyager

I Would be an Avali ninja engineer living on a far too hot planet. I NEED AMMONIA

12. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

First of all, I would be an Apex Female (random roll).
    Secondly, I would be named "Meloncheeks" (damn you, name auto-generator).

Finally, not much more would actually change about me. I would still fight oppression, rally against "the man", and generally F*** S*** up.

Galactic Avatar likes this.
  13. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Find the nearest mirror and say something along the line of
    "Damn, I'm hot!"
    (Genderswap here.)

Thundercraft likes this.
  14. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

15. piklup

piklup Void-Bound Voyager

I would probably annoy people by posting on a clearly dead question

16. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

I've seen this thread somewhere before. Anyways, running around as a cheat floran in space is fun

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread necros are generally permissible if the thread is still relevant and the necro itself is on-topic. I'll let this slide for now, but since it's now clear you're prepared to annoy people with your behaviour, I don't want to see this become a habit of yours.

18. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

@Jonesy, Welp, since there a more recent version of this topic, it maybe a good idea to lock this one, nah?

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.