1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you turned into your current starbound character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NoahGoldFox, Sep 5, 2016.

1. NoahGoldFox

NoahGoldFox Phantasmal Quasar

I would do cute burd things ^>^

(and yush i know i have asked this befur but that was a long time ago and more people has joined since then :p )

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Since I'm a Floran, I'd probably stab everything in sight.

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

house loads of people in undersized cages, uhhm I mean rooms, and get paid a laod for that and nejoy being rich.

dullreverie likes this.
  4. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Hunt down and kill Asra Nox.

T0ASTY and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

I would, in fact, not listen to strange voices from ancient gateways, to then join forces with an older woman whom after about 3 minutes of talking, I know well enough to save the universe with.

Call me crazy, but I just think she's lonely and looking for someone to talk to...

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yeah funny part is you instantly hop onto her opinion helping her to save the word, but what if the ruin is actually the good guy? There not even some evidences in the story about the ruin being bad, someone just said so, and we suddenly all believe it. And the riun can surely not be so amazinly evil and powerful when a single person can mow it down just by some guns and melee weapons. Something smells at this story and it's not only the giant dead space squid.

Ablekaine likes this.
  7. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What would I do if I turned into my character?

Just keep on bein' awesome.

That's what.

8. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Party because I'd finally escaped Earth and it's stupidity!... Then cry because I'm in the core of a moon and the pretty Erchius ghosts think I look delicious. I'd still take it.

9. Hellcorn

Hellcorn Astral Cartographer

I would get my ssssship pet and feed the school bully to it,then I'll 3D print sssssome money,eat meat men,sssslep

Littleman9Mew2 likes this.
  10. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

11. Hurgablurg

Hurgablurg Void-Bound Voyager

The Ruin destroyed Earth, and with it nearly drove an entire sapient species extinct, and destroyed pretty much the only centralised government in the Mid-Milky Way.
    I'd say that's pretty villainous.

As far as what I'd do as my character, probably just do what I usually have them do: explore the stars, kill Occasus cultists, Miniknog, anyone who started something and find and loot everything as an interstellar space cowboy.
    Not too mention owning a giant space train filled with loyal, swarthy crew (two of whom keep sending heart emotes my way :nuruwink:), a nice farming colony, and the respect of a fledgling New Protectorate.
    Pretty much my own Outer Heaven, I suppose.

I would have to deal with the fact that I just disappeared from the year 2016 altogether, though. Can we e-mail to the past at all?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    krylo, Never, Thundercraft and 2 others like this.
  12. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

I'd lock, load, and become the newer, funner Ruin! Who needs planets when you can have all of space? >: D

Arra, The_Hacker_King and Ablekaine like this.
  13. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd be a 3/4 foot tall fluffy Raptor.

I have no idea what I'd do.

I mean, it'd be awesome, but also hazardous to my health. I'd have to be cold at all times.

That would be a problem....

But, really, I wouldn't do much different.

I'd be able to run faster, so there's that. (But would I use it often? Not too often, no..)

Would I gain all the knowledge an Extraterrestrial would have?

In that case, I'd give Humanity highly-advanced spaceships. That'd be fun.

(And then I'd get to be a Raptor.

In space.

yes

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  14. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

panic, because being the captain of a crew and the mayor of a space colony is too much for me.

then again, no one said i had to lead it well, and i do have a nice underground bunker with a personal teleporter and a steady food source. that'll do!

Ablekaine likes this.
  15. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

lol

I'd look for a way to artificially create Novakid brands because, being one of them, I might eventually end up like the guy in the movie Memento.

16. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Probably flip the heck out at suddenly being turned into a humanoid plant with boobs.

Then I'd be doing some good ol' fashioned cowering in the corner.

After about 3 hours of doing that I'd probably slowly come to terms with the fact that I have essentially just lost my identity and will now have to live in a strange universe full of Cultists and unspeakable horrors while I have no combat experience whatsoever and very little social skills.

I'd probably only last a few weeks at most, unless we can respawn.

I looked at this a lot darker than most others did.

Nerd-with-a-Pencil and Ablekaine like this.
  17. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Darker than spending every waking hour making Asra Nox's life hell?

TTStooge likes this.
  18. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Well I did say most. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  19. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

This, this is me if I was Sylva or Acera.
    Sylva:
    Bully probably tassste like apex butt.

But this is me at first. Especially the first sentence, I would too be personally be freaking out for a while. But hey, at least I'm my favorite race, so that's a bonus! At least I never have to worry about brushing my hair every day. I wonder what an Avian tastes like, woops, sorry Avians, I recently had KFC for dinner. I wonder what the skin of a floran feels like, is fuzzy like peaches or rough like grass?

TTStooge likes this.
  20. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Oh and that makes it evil? because wedo not slaughter millions of chickens per year.
    Also, wa sit the same ruin? I saw giant tentacls at eath grabbign aroun entire houses. While the squid planet had only smallr ones. How can one thing destroy an entire planet yte get handbashed by a single person? Does that mean NO ONE at earth had a ship or anythign with a proper gun? Sorry that logic still smells.

And what did it destroy? pretty much the only centralised gouvernment that establishes space prisons around the ENTIRE galaxy. On an abstarcted level of observation, mankind kinda acts like what every sci fi is selling us as the evil spreading pest.

And you description is equally sad, You are basically just a space raider who kills people for having another religion. GG at leats you are not a human.