1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vector Squared -- Starbound Community News, Issue #26

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nababoo, May 7, 2013.

1. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Alas the link to the Gltich art (including the one in the original thread) has vanished.

2. My sincerest apologies. Shoot me something on a PM and I'll add it.

:blank:

3. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Nababoo, it's cool you like my post. But seriously,put the minerals image under a spoiler. :seriously:

Jonesy likes this.
  4. JAGYOUARE

JAGYOUARE Phantasmal Quasar

Steel is iron with most of the impurities removed (don't quote me on that), therefor it would not have an ore. The other steels are probably made the same way, just with different materials.

Jonesy likes this.
  5. wunkerful

wunkerful Void-Bound Voyager

Better variety in ores is awesome, they would fit the scifi theme for sure!

Jonesy likes this.
  6. I came here to say one thing:
    [​IMG]

Truly*

Jonesy, nababoo and ReverseShadow like this.
  7. Ever ask yourself why I don't write articles? :p

WackyWocky, nababoo and AstroBlast like this.
  8. Is it too large?
    It's an alloy with carbon and other elements, but I can certainly see where you're coming from. Although it may be the remnant of civilizations long gone :p

Jonesy likes this.
  9. But who said it was an ore in the game? If you look at the leaked pictures again, it's one of the few 'ores' that don't have sprites for the ore in the ground.
    Therefore, I assume it is made with other metals in-game, which makes scientific sense.

Jonesy likes this.
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines. They aren't actually the final version of minerals that will appear in the game, but we'll see how things pan out.

nababoo likes this.
  11. Congratulations guys and gals ( :unsure: ?), keep doing awesome stuff!

nababoo and Jonesy like this.
  12. Ikaeru

Ikaeru Subatomic Cosmonaut

Q&A's Q: Because there are a limit to events that could exist in game/be planned ahead of time, if you could create (as in, if you had the skill) random scripted events to happen occasionally for the player on their homeworld or otherwise, what kind of things do you thing you guys would make?

nababoo likes this.
  13. Sgt. Sprocket

Sgt. Sprocket Parsec Taste Tester

Yet another hand crafted news page :).

Oh, and here is my question:
    Will you plan on continuing these issues post-release?
    (I hope that's a yes)

nababoo likes this.
  14. Being an RPG/roleplay fanatic + Dwarf Fortress fan, I'd probably make lots of nuanced and "fun" stuff.

In all seriousness, the thing I'd be looking forward to most would be a group of migrants wandering in and making their home on a planet, leading to resource problem, territorial aggression, and all those fun things that come with organizing a group of strangers together.
    Most probably, and we'll expand to cover more of the community stuff as there's an avenue for creative expression to be done in-game. I imagine we'll cover the likes of mods, mechanisms, buildings, servers, among other things. Expand our staff and scope, all at the same time :)

15. Ikaeru

Ikaeru Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ooh. Here's one. How would you feel about an upgrade or mech that allowed for spitting out en-masse a like, 4x4 or 5x5 pattern of blocks that you planned out ahead of time?
    Something like...
    This!

16. You forgot Shadows :ninja:
    Meteor showers, for the level 100 planets Tiy said would be "very difficult" :iswydt:
    Personally, Id just like there to be a poster of the Vector Squared logo as an easter egg in game. That'd be way too awesome.
    That would be AMAZING.

Jonesy and nababoo like this.
  17. MrMas35

MrMas35 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1,000,000+ Randomly Generated animals? Where is the 1,000,000 ores!

18. CyberDuck_

CyberDuck_ Subatomic Cosmonaut

Geordium, Omnisteel, Kyrenite :D Now we need Tiyron and Bartwenium =)