1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

#Vanity #Vanity Contest now open!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Welcome Starbounder's to the Unofficial #Vanity #Vanity Contest!

The Contest
    Create a Vanity outfit/clothing design and the winners will be those use the most of your imagination also not to forget design and looks to enter the contest.

Requirements:
    • I have decided that the contest has to be just a vanity outfit of your wildest imagination!
    • The design can be a: pixel,paint,sketch,doodle etc..... anything goes folkes!
    • no photo's.
    • you can put a small reference or info/story to you design to maybe explain the design better as it could be totally insane and i dont know what its suppose to be!
    • Lots of imagination!
    • Original*piece of art, no copying!
    How to enter:
    Create/design a vanity outfit with no limitations on imagination.
    Just reply to the thread with your entry.
    Please one entry per person.
    • now!
    • closes 14th october! plenty of time to create a masterpiece!
    • You can edit your entry until the contest closes for judging
    Definition of vanity.
    Vanity is the quality of being vain, or having a ridiculous amount of pride. If you have excessive vanity in your appearance, you probably spend long hours sitting at yourvanity table doing your makeup or plucking your nose hairs.:rainbow:
    Judging.
    judging will commence on the 15th of October and we will try to announce winners as soon as possible
    please be patient.
    Prizes.
    • Just status this time round guys as i want this contest just for fun really but i am planning on doing 1 contest per month so the next one might be on a more serious topic + prizes.
    • also at the end of contest there might be a steam game for the winner but this is not definite yet but i'm thinking of awarding the the winner wanderlust rebirth*
    GOOD LUCK!

Fakenublet, Arretez, Eight and 2 others like this.
  2. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Lovely, I'm in. :)

Can it be a vanity item? Also I'll edit this post when I'll be done.

3. Pancakes

Pancakes Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome! :DD Your last contest had a good outcome and I really hope this one ropes in yet more people~!

I'll enter something for this, but I don't want it to be counted since I won the previous contest.
    (I'll just post it to add a bit more crazy) :catface2:

4. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I wonder how good this will turn out. :cool:

5. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

This encourages me to try drawing again(though, I prefer writing.) I shall try to draw an outfit that decks you out in swag from head to toe.

Doomhawk5 likes this.
  6. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I automatically go for you. :rofl: I'm kidding.

Arretez likes this.
  7. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

If you mean an item of clothing then yes as i wanna keep all the designs on the same path.

Saal likes this.
  8. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Also folkes if your a bit stuck on how and what is allowed i will break it down for you : if you can all go by the vanity system of terraria this would be lovely but we all know you can create better vanity item's to fit into them slots right.

9. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Also guys some good news!!!!! the prize will be a copy of the amazing game of wanderlust rebirth what is affiliated to starbound sent to you through steam by myself. If you already have this game and win the contest i will send you something of the same brilliance!

10. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

is there a reference image for the basic starbound character?

11. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

12. CaptainMcManface

13. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

So the wig should fit. I'll prepare now. Thanks :p

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

Any time friend!
    Is this now a requirement? Should I have separate depictions of each equipable set piece?

15. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

please! please! can everyone use this for entry's only not for discussion please use the other thread for discussion also lets not make this contest very complicated to enter so all i want is great vanity outfit or hat or top,trousers,shoes its a very simple contest.thanks

16. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Request clearing this thread, then post a link for discussion thread. :)

17. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

18. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

19. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Could I please receive my prize that's over due by months for the armor armor contest?

WoxandWarf likes this.
  20. CaptainMcManface

valkarie armor jpg.jpg

Valkyrie armor set. IT HAS wings!!!!!!!!

i haven't worked on my art skills since the last contest but i put more effort into this one and generally working on a pixel scale was easier than a large scale.

if there's anything you think i could touch up upon i am open to suggestions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.