1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New unofficial contest pre-announcement

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Hi guys, well its that time again peep's to put on your creative caps and pick up your pencil's or pixel's and design a Vanity item you would love to show off in the game* So after so much good success and so many great entry's with the last one #Armor #Armor contest,I've decided to hold another one on the vanity theme.
    So the contest requirements will be posted tomorrow guy's so dont miss out on the fun!!

Here is the last contest i held on the armor theme-- (Art) http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/armor-armor-contest-art.6816/

Catoosie likes this.
  2. Rage

Rage Space Penguin Leader

I'll definitely participate in this event, if I have time.

3. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Cool! you will have plenty of time to send your entry in so don't sweat it dude! all the info will be released tomorrow.

4. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

I might participate in this..... maybe........ hm.

Rage likes this.
  5. Rage

I'll look out for the info and I'll get started. Man I'm surely not going to win.

EDIT: Catoosie you probably should, have a go.

6. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

It's funny that we're all doing things here at the same time, probably in different places in the world~

7. Rage

Yep, I'm from England.
    But lets not go off topic.

I don't really have a good idea of what to do for this contest, so I have a feeling I might waste quite a lot of precious time...

M C likes this.
  8. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Only got 3rd place last time, gonna strive for atleast 2nd. Can't wait to see everyone's entries.

9. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Yep classic case of paralleled universe blog posting!!! what do you think guy's to the #Vanity #Vanity contest theme i thought people could have real fun and create some really wild creations like a rocket firing christmas hat!!! hhmmmmm idea coming on i think shame i cant enter :(

10. Rage

Well, people might get ideas from certain games and base it upon them.
    I think I'm going to go original but who knows if I actually can make it in time, even though I have a good chance of being able to complete it seeing as I am here from the start so - who knows.

11. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Yeah, in the armor armor contest the idea just came to me. I was first thinking (for this contest) about doing the cliche candy-themed things, but I might do night and day-themed or something like that. Maybe something god-like. (ancient greece style) (come to think of it, I haven't done any spriting since (not counting this morning) I made the pictures in my signature)

12. Rage

That got me an idea of doing something mythical or god-like, can I try that?

13. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

#Vanity #Vanity just doesn't sound good as #Armour #Armour. :p

14. Can the item be references to other games?

15. Rage

I hope so because some games have really good ideas that could fit in easily.

16. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

IMO that doesn't sound like such a good idea, I can imagine originality being one of the main key factors of determining the winners.

17. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Sure. I just need to settle on ONE idea because I keep changing my mind. Oh well, I've got time.

18. Rage

Oh yeah I guess Zailiner is right, we need it to be original as well. Well that's kind of my aim.

EDIT: Thanks Catoosie, you can probably think of loads of ideas yet I can't.

19. I can't think of any other reason I would ever wear Vanity items otherwise. Space frickin' armor is cool enough.

20. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

He'll be posting the rules with the main thread that he'll make tomorrow anyway. So it'll probably say if you can or can't do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.