1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated (Upbeat Giraffe) Other Races Actually Recognize Novakids v6.1 Alpha

And your Novakid actually says things when analyzing objects!

1. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

L. F. Oxidizer submitted a new mod:

(Upbeat Giraffe) Novakid Speech/Recognition Lines - For when you get tired of villagers not recognizing Novakids!

Read more about this mod...

Fullapple1991 likes this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Glad to see you got the project off the ground - you picked it up pretty quick.

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  3. L. F. Oxidizer

Heh, yeah. Thanks!

Although I still got plenty to do, and the Novakid accent is atrociously hard to mimick.

4. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer updated (Upbeat Giraffe) Other Races Actually Recognize Novakids with a new update entry:

Alpha v2.0 Update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. L. F. Oxidizer

6. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer updated (Upbeat Giraffe) Other Races Actually Recognize Novakids with a new update entry:

v3.0 - Apex Update!

7. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

This is a great effort. You've done an excellent job utilizing what little we know of the official Novakid lore, and the accent is very nicely written as well.

8. L. F. Oxidizer

Thanks for the words of support! And yeah, the lore's very thin compared to the six other races', but with some care and creativity, it can become a proper background.

9. Spacebiter

Spacebiter Master Chief

I really like this, it definitely enhances my Novakid experience.

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  10. L. F. Oxidizer

Alpha v4.0 Update!

11. L. F. Oxidizer

12. Skywatcher68

Skywatcher68 Void-Bound Voyager

4.1 is not a valid archive.

13. L. F. Oxidizer

What? I downloaded the mod to test if it was glitched and it worked fine. Do you have WinRar installed?

14. Skywatcher68

Skywatcher68 Void-Bound Voyager

Found the problem. Changed the file type from .zip to .rar and it works.

15. L. F. Oxidizer

Alpha v5.0 - Tribal Update!

16. L. F. Oxidizer

17. Rider91

Rider91 Void-Bound Voyager

any chance of a download link thats not in nexusmods website, they tend to randomly perm-block any access to their website and i got hit with that

18. PureBounds

PureBounds Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I get this with the latest version:

Code:
    [16:56:25.243] Error: Could not load /objects/glitch/chessqueen/chessqueen.object asset, using default.
    (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /objects/glitch/chessqueen/chessqueen.object
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /objects/glitch/chessqueen/chessqueen.object
    Caused by: (VariantPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. Improper conversion to VariantList from map
    [16:56:25.254] Error: Could not load /objects/spawner/spawners/spawner_doctor.object asset, using default.
    (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /objects/spawner/spawners/spawner_doctor.object
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /objects/spawner/spawners/spawner_doctor.object
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad string, should be '"' at 1:2
    [16:56:25.336] Error: Error loading object file /objects/glitch/chessqueen/chessqueen.object: (VariantException) Cannot call get with key on Variant type null, must be Map type
      RtlAllocateHeap
      000000000799E9C0

[16:56:25.387] Error: Error loading object file /objects/spawner/spawners/spawner_doctor.object: (VariantException) Cannot call get with key on Variant type null, must be Map type

[16:56:34.207] Error: Could not load /items/generic/drinks/crowncake.png asset, using default.
    (AssetException) No such asset '/items/generic/drinks/crowncake.png'
    [16:56:34.874] Error: Could not instantiate item '[spawnerdoctor, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'spawnerdoctor'
    [16:56:34.874] Error: Could not instantiate item '[spawnerdoctor, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'spawnerdoctor'
    [16:56:35.000] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (ItemException) Could not create blueprint item from recipe

Caused by: (ItemException) No such item 'spawnerdoctor'
      000000000799EDE0
      000000000799E720

[16:56:35.001] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [16:56:35.093] Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    [16:56:35.803] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (ItemException) Could not create blueprint item from recipe
    Caused by: (ItemException) No such item 'spawnerdoctor'
      CrtIsMemoryBlock
      000000000022E530 

19. L. F. Oxidizer

Nope, sorry. I'd continue uploading the mod on this site, but the devs decided to impose a size limit that my mod exceeds.

Uh oh. It looks like I wrote the thing in a hurry. Lemme spit out a quickfix.

EDIT: Should be fixed by now. However, I'll note that the issue with generic/drinks/crowncake is NOT caused by my mod as it does not mess with such item as of v6.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  20. L. F. Oxidizer