[UNSTABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

Try reading the bottom of the article this thread is for. They told us to report issues with this build here in the comments.

NiSiSuiinegEht and Kabu like this.
  2. Archinois

Archinois Subatomic Cosmonaut

The campsite owners left their gravity generater inside the tent on their last visit, either that or shredder and krang are below the surface in the technodrome messing with gravity again.

Beastofburdo likes this.
  3. rekahster

rekahster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its awesome, no bugs found or unstable content yet, didnt generate new universe just playing on last update universe.

Jardi-Gol likes this.
  4. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

I can't wait until this is pushed to stable! *excited*

Jardi-Gol likes this.
  5. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

I'm waiting too. Servers are allways restarting because of crash's done by Huge Planets with many constructions and Several Players inside the server.
    Let's see now...

6. SubliminalKitteh

SubliminalKitteh Space Spelunker

I apologize for last night, I was being a jerk due to personal stuff...

FelipeChoque and Himex like this.
  7. DeFiNiTi0N

DeFiNiTi0N Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the fact that mods are being implemented into the end game.. as far as community input goes; I mean.. you can't input and have influence much more than that.

However, I'd hope that all mod developers will receive credit in the end game... You're essentially asking people to host there mods in your repository and then you just take their intellectual property for free.. then you sell the intellectual property you get for free; for a nominal fee.

...just sayin

schala_zeal likes this.
  8. Bashô

Bashô Void-Bound Voyager

Shouldn't it be treasure "hoard" instead of "horde"...? Unless of course there is some kind of unwashed mob involved.

NiSiSuiinegEht likes this.
  9. DeFiNiTi0N

DeFiNiTi0N Scruffy Nerf-Herder

UNCLEAN!

10. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

.world files in both stable and unstable are still transferable to your friends. (copy paste) I'm nervous for the .world files. I suggest you encrypt them chucklefish or face having a world file transfer community. .WORLD files are currently in your steam/steamapps/starbound/universe folder. Technically you can even duplicate your home base on multiple planets by just renaming it. What will chucklefish do? I'm excited!

PS..I have transferred my world file to my roommate and he now has my "base".

11. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I wonder where the patch is.
    also, can someone who plays the unstable version describe how unstable it is? I'm quite curious.

12. Blitzlegion

Demoguy likes this.
  13. Blitzlegion

Just a risk of minor corrupt player data. It's actually fairly stable. The new stable version comes out soon though. :) If i could give it a percentage i'd say 2% chance of character loss.

Demoguy, pop-yotheweird and Tamorr like this.
  14. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

sounds about right. I just know at the moment it is stable enough for myself & my computer; even with the spikes it has with mobs in general, as well what was mentioned earlier in this thread I believe. Regardless it isn't game breaking for me, but exists. And like this person mentions, soon the stable one will be out. The difficulties of the unstable is the reason to have it, in order to scout for the stable; ie bug reporting...

15. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I understand why it's there, was just curious when a stable version will be released.

16. OobleckTheGreen

OobleckTheGreen Space Kumquat

And the super baddass aggro birds that find you from 3 screens away :p

17. Blitzlegion

I MADE IT! HAHAHAH Needs a bit of tweeking.
    [​IMG]

18. LawlMak3r

LawlMak3r Master Chief

Sounds good, looking forward to play, but I am still waiting for attack directions and tighter movement.
    Other than that, keep up the good work!

19. Edroh

Edroh Void-Bound Voyager

I have a very big problem and i don't now how to fix it:
    -I don't get any update over Steam, so my game is not updatet
    -When I would to play singleplayer, choose my character, my game closed and an endless error report open in a screen. (added Screen)
    -After I closed the error report, it wil open a next error report with:

"Runtime Error

Program: C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

-If I start my own server, it opens the exact same error screens as in game.

I hope some of you guys can help me
    (I'm so sorry for my bad english, I'm german :))

My sytem:
    "Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
    Installed RAM: 8,00 GB (7,89 GB usable)
    Systemtype: 64-Bit-operating sytem, x64-based processor

ASUS(TM)"

Attached Files:

20. Best bet is to listen to Jonesy

Edroh and Jonesy like this.