1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender here. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support/

Important GENERAL BUG REPORTS

Discussion in 'In-Game & Billing Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Important GENERAL BUG REPORTS

Discussion in 'In-Game & Billing Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mollygos

mollygos Community Manager Starbound Developer

We've said this a lot, but I can't reiterate it enough.

The beta is in its initial stages. EXPECT crashes, EXPECT bugs.

I'm going to organize this a bit better soon, but on launch day I think having one specific thread for general bug reports should suffice.

1. Describe the bug. What's going on? What were you doing when it happened?
    2. Provide a screenshot if possible! Screenshots are wonderfully useful.
    3. Find your log. It's a file called starbound.log located in your Starbound directory, which you can find by right-clicking the game in Steam and clicking Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files.
    4. Open up the log, CTRL+C its contents and upload them to Pastebin. Paste the link in this thread.

If you're playing a modded version of Starbound, we can't be responsible for any bugs/crashes you may be experiencing.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    Mr_Kaboum, Flocolow, Wreklan and 22 others like this.
  2. Truthowl

Truthowl Void-Bound Voyager

First bug. On starting, when changing screen resolution, I wanted 1600x900 windowed. It doesn't actually change. If you tick full screen and click accept, then untick full screen it may change but the size was wrong. Required a restart to change.
    Wreklan, FDRize, CattPhysh and 7 others like this.
  3. Pago

Pago Orbital Explorer

Minor Bug:

- You can fly with your ship to the same planet, even without fuel. It would be better to simply close the window, or get a message, if same planet is selected
    Jovile, Ezekedes, 5pl1n73r and 15 others like this.
  4. Blitz7737

Blitz7737 2.7182818284590...

Attached Files:

5. Emilgardis

Emilgardis Industrial Terraformer

Tana64 likes this.
  6. Blitz7737

Additionally, full screen tick in options menu causes a "zoom" of the screen to a definitely distorted view. Zoom level slider has no effect either. Restart brought it back to normal view fine. Easy to compare with my previous screenshot. :)

upload_2013-12-4_13-21-41.png
    AKAAK8 and Arnold like this.
  7. Pago

Pago Orbital Explorer

Minor:

- I died. The monster and i disappeared. After going back, the monster is still missing (it was a melee monster)
    spunkify123 likes this.
  8. Koukol

Koukol Orbital Explorer

Hey, annoying bug here.
    I have a French keyboard on a Mac Book Pro (OS X Mavericks). The game responds to qwerty only, no options for editing, no adapting to locale.
    agaruna and KodeIn like this.
  9. Blitz7737

There is a second thread for crashes. This one is General Bugs. Thanks for looking out though. Enjoy the stars. :DD
  10. The Retro One

The Retro One Space Spelunker

Pressing C Then pressing ESC will crash the game.
  11. Airslicer

Airslicer Intergalactic Tourist

In your inventory, when you pick up any item, the 'attack' stat disappears and reappears when you put down the item back in your inventory.
    Bloodylegend and ChickenJewel like this.
  12. Lallykins

Lallykins Gross...

When manipulating scroll bar on right hand side of crafting view, arrows move bar up and down when clicked and mouse scroll wheel works. Manipulating bar with mouse and dragging up or down does not work.
    TheWelshy, DoomZealot, Renlou and 3 others like this.
  13. alturia

alturia Poptop Tamer

On main menu, in fullscreen 1080p Windows 8.1 x64.
    Cursor movements are really wierd and random when you move it fast back and forth or in a circle.
    DennisHard, Comacko and mADOLAH like this.
  14. Blitz7737

After reading a message from Codex and returning to library, still shows marked as new.
  15. bartwe

bartwe Code Cowboy Starbound Developer

Please attach a starbound.log pastebin link
  16. kiwistem

kiwistem Orbital Explorer

Not sure if this counts as a bug, but my game hangs forever at the Chucklefish logo. One or two minutes or more.

After reading items in the codex, they are still marked as New.

Full screen setting doesn't stick. Upon restart, it's back to windowed.

http://pastebin.com/KWQQsk9a

Edit: I just discovered that what's causing the full screen to revert is alt-tabbing out of the game. When I go back to it, it's back to windowed.
    Vizegraf, Renlou, TkBag and 3 others like this.
  17. gokum

gokum Tentacle Wrangler

LUCKYSL7VN likes this.
  18. omniferious123

omniferious123 Orbital Explorer

just launched the game, changed resolution and went fullscreen, game minimizes itself and does not come back up in fullscreen
    onerb2, Goffelous, Latrans and 2 others like this.
  19. gokum

gokum Tentacle Wrangler

Yousif782 and Aislygn like this.
  20. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue with the long hang on the Chucklefish logo. Not responding for a few minutes and then the game starts.