[UNSTABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Sweet, now all of the boneheads of this forum can go out and actually get a bonehead!

Gelu, Paco495, Skunkie and 4 others like this.
  2. PositivAndroid

PositivAndroid Phantasmal Quasar

yay no longer will I be bombarded constantly when walking on a planet!

3. Sitanel

Sitanel Void-Bound Voyager

Everything seems to be way faster than last unstable patch: from projectiles to walking.

4. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

THANK YOU!!!! Version strings in mods, removed FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! As a server owner I now love you guys.

When you guys add MOD SYNCING, you should allow server owners to use a mirror or two to be downloaded from, to reduce bandwidth usage from the server host machine. I.E., dropbox, some_other_place.com, ect,

5. hodder356

hodder356 Void-Bound Voyager

So is the unstable part available for download? anyone know where and how to DL this stuff on steam? will it give an option to update or not?

6. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Im wondering that too... Does anyone here have how to use them? Is there a setting in Steam to use Developer Versions? Is it in the Launcher? Or is this one just a normal update? Iv yet to try but the launcher still says the Change Lot for the old Valentines Day update.

7. bigblackman

bigblackman Space Spelunker

The option to update my Starbound didn't pop up, what's happening

8. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you, but please use the reply button, or use the "quote" feature, doing "@NAME" doesn't actually alert the person, I just so happen to see your message though.

As "class101" said, right click Starbound in Steam, and select "Properties", then go to the "BETA" tab, and change "Opt Out - No Betas" to the "unstable" one, then click close, and your game will update. I totally forget to check there, but I looked everywhere else xD

9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Update is for the unstable version. Unless you enable it in steam you aren't getting it but if you do don't come crying about lost stuff. It's the Unstable version for a reason

10. hodder356

hodder356 Void-Bound Voyager

you rock man thanks! updating now!

11. bigblackman

bigblackman Space Spelunker

Calm your ball sacks, nobody was crying. How do I enable it? I don't care about losing stuff.

12. odverb

odverb Aquatic Astronaut

As ForcablePlace said:

"As "class101" said, right click Starbound in Steam, and select "Properties", then go to the "BETA" tab, and change "Opt Out - No Betas" to the "unstable" one, then click close, and your game will update. I totally forget to check there, but I looked everywhere else xD"

13. I was unable to play until I wiped my universe folder. It wouldn't load any characters, and would crash with an error message when I tried. After wiping the folder, it works fine.

Didn't get a copy of the error... wish I did.

14. weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

I like how everybody missed that part where they added hailstorms.

Gelu and Larkwing like this.
  15. smartios

smartios Void-Bound Voyager

Help My ship was wiped!
    I used my backup but its still empty pls help!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Bonobo Fett likes this.
  16. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

and character wipe too!

17. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

Seeing a major performance hit with this patch on the OpenGL version. It was running flawlessly before this second unstable patch. Direct3D version is still "laggy" for me (like server lag, except I'm playing single player, this has been an issue for months), but is now more playable than OpenGL, not because it has improved at all but because OpenGL is running that poorly.

FX6300
    GTS450
    Vista 64, 8gb

18. leifanator

leifanator Void-Bound Voyager

Possible bug in unstable: Using all durability on a tool (so it has no durability left) does not change the tool speed UNTIL you swap to another hand held item and then switch back to that tool with zero durability. But I imagine that this is something well known (and has been for some time) and I've missed reading something somewhere about it.

Oh well! Just thought I throw it out there.

19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You're probably better off using the actual bug report thread, instead of just piggybacking here.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/general-bug-reports.34306/