1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

[TUTORIAL] How to adjust Zoomed Game for 1024x768

Discussion in 'Support' started by BuenoNino, Mar 7, 2016.

1. BuenoNino

BuenoNino Orbital Explorer

So, recently I saw someone posting something about getting REALLY zoomed In with basics resolutions (800x600, 1024x768) so I decided to do this easy step-by-step tutorial to how solve this sh1t up.

First thing to let you know: This game wasn't made for basic resolutions, at all. Doesn't matter what you do, it will not work in this resolutions, deal with it. Unfortunately, the point of view of Stardew Valley was base on screen and graphic card resolution. If you are playing smaller then 1600x900, logically windows 10/8.1 will not zoom in / will be only use 100% scale of every applications and that's is all you can see in the game. :cry:

- So how can I play with my old monitor that can't hold more than 1024x768 BuenoNino? :lod:

Well mate that is simple, we should hax the sh1t out of this monitor, and change the resolution to 1600x900 so it'll work like it should be. :ninja:

- But man, how do I change if there's nothing to select for this kind of resolution???!?!?! :facepalm:

So here's the magic trick, something you SHOULD do is add a NEW resolution into your graphic video config!

- Errrm... Where and how can I do this?
    FOLLOW ME FELLAS!
    1. Open NVIDIA control panel or yours Graphic Video control panel. (It should be on the bottom right)
    2. Find the tab "Change Resolution" -> "Customize...". (If you can't find that, it should be "Configurations", "Customize Resolution", etc...)
    3. Click "Create Custom Resolution".
    4. Change the horizontal pixels to 1600 and vertical pixels to 900.
    5. Voila! Apply the changes and start the game, it should be all OK now.
    NOTE: REMEMBER THIS IN ONLY FOR BASIC RESOLUTIONS, I DIDN'T TEST IT IN ULTRA MEGA RESOLUTIONS SO DON'T POST HERE SOMETHING LIKE "DIDN'T WORK IN 23142914821x482104821" :lickitung:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
      Edge! likes this.
    • BuenoNino

RESERVED for QUOTES of questions, results and so on.~

Edge's Solution.~ :

Note: Edge's Solution only work if you're in Stardew Valley Beta (steam, stardew valley, properties, beta tab)

• Edge!

Edge! Subatomic Cosmonaut

• BuenoNino

Thanks Edge for sharing your solution into this topic, just to let you know, Stardew Valley have multiple possible errors, and for those we share and provide solutions to it, even if yours sounds easier, that doesn't mean it will work for everybody, that's why we share what we know.

This solution works out pretty nicely, you can re-define your resolution to 1024x768 when you close the game, easy and simple as that.

But once again, thank you for sharing your solution, if you don't mind, i'll quote this on my thread, k?

Cheers!

• Edge!

No problems, I wasn't trying to say that my solution is better or anything, I was just providing another way.
          Sorry if my post sounded like that.
          Lemme edit my post, just a sec.

Also, my solution forces you to play on the beta version, which can be quite risky. So props to you for making a solution that works on the stable version.

BuenoNino likes this.
          • BuenoNino

That's ok mate! Just quoted your solution in the 2nd post, thanks for sharing, let's keep this thread working on as solutions come by. :headbanging:

Edge! likes this.
            • BuenoNino

Bumping due to high demand on support asking about random crashes that occurs or by the graphic card or by resolution.

• Edge!

As the game got updated, my fix now works on the stable release as well!