1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiy's IRC Q&A

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Forever, Jan 25, 2013.

1. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

All good news. What I heard about the game keeps getting better and better.

2. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

3. Dragrath

Dragrath Phantasmal Quasar

This was a lot of info :) some disappointments(mainly where the words post release showed up) but looks like over all good news... maybe we could see this before years end...
    (I'm still hoping that there will be star faring factions...(aka ships in orbit around developed worlds where you could shop, initiate quests, fight(fighting a fleet wouldn't bode well but it would be fun:rofl:) after all they didn't say that such things wouldn't be there...:cautious: )

Landlaw likes this.
  4. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Still,It would be worth the wait.

5. Alanzer-DNA

Alanzer-DNA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, many of the things which were said are planned to be implemented post-release.
    The pre-order beta will have the basics: Planet exploration, combat, mining, building, farming...
    I suppose the beta might be released in a couple of months. Maybe April.

6. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I'm done with supposing release dates.I've seen enough "Y u no release" threads.

Insane and Landlaw like this.
  7. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Mianso likes this.
  8. Shasta

Shasta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NO! I MUST NOT LOOK!

But I can't stop reading!

[​IMG]

9. Fortis

Fortis Pangalactic Porcupine

Dammit, I broke my monitor again from throwing money at it!

Each bit I hear about this game makes it seem only more awesome. Keep on devvin' devs.

Alanzer-DNA likes this.
  10. Shanjaisolen

Shanjaisolen Pangalactic Porcupine

This is getting SO old for me. I see this everywhere, it's been said over 9000 times!

On-topic:This answered many questions I had about the game, awesome!

natelovesyou and enemarius86 like this.
  11. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Ugh.. I've asked this a million times and i'll continue to do so until we get either a response or that interactive graphical flow chart you want to draw up: What projects are left to be finished before you feel the game can be released/buy-in-beta released? Terraria with mods is only doing so much for me, and minecraft is sadly doing nothing for me. I need sandbox!

Landlaw likes this.
  12. Salem11

Salem11 Master Chief

Now they're really trying to make us hurt from waiting.

Landlaw and Shanjaisolen like this.
  13. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm afraid i will be to old to play Starbound when it will be released :(

Landlaw likes this.
  14. Don't joke like this.
    In fact, I'm seriously paranoid for the last weeks - what if something will happen and I will DIE before I can play this game? I became much more cautious since then. No joke.

Exi1e, M C, Alanzer-DNA and 3 others like this.
  15. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

very interesting...
    to bad mechs won't get gigantic like HUUUUUUUUUUUGE Bosses.
    -thinks of mechanical bosses at least 30x as big as yourself-

16. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

sorry to crash your party but its actually the opposite :/
    despite his pessimism, bartwe reflected on the fact that he wasent even sure the beta itself would make it this summer :/

WoxandWarf likes this.
  17. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Go figure...I'm just hoping they aren't biting off more than they can chew with release-content.
    I'd like a source for that, for my own curiosity if nothing else.

So it now seems I have no games to look forward to in the next 7 months, because when something I'm following gets moved to summer, it always without fail, gets pushed back to Autumn or the Holiday season.

enemarius86 likes this.
  18. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I know we are used to see release delayed,but this is kinda depressing. :confused:

19. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Stay strong! Whenever the game comes it, it will be awesome!

Alanzer-DNA likes this.
  20. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

http://community.playstarbound.com/...rder-beta-confirmed.13768/page-19#post-528403
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...rder-beta-confirmed.13768/page-19#post-528484

forever mentionning bartwe's estimation and then bartwe confirming it. and pardon me, i misquoted, he actually said "Q1 2013" not summer 2013
    but still, its pretty bleak