This Cow Just Doesn't Care

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuthienNightwolf, Sep 21, 2016.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Screw your rules, human. I want to graze up here.
    Defiant Cow.png

Also - three days being married and he's already complaining about the house being messy. Because he's stuck in the doorway. lol This game.

House is Messy.png

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Ahaha, there really are some funny bugs and glitches in this game xD

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Bizarre things have been known to show up on the inaccessible edges surrounding the SDV playing field. In some cases, ConcernedApe makes use of it to create a certain mood. I'm sure that's why, for example, the Wizard and Linus appear above the Halloween maze. It emphasizes that they're both more powerful than, and outside the town community, somehow omniscient.

Then, there are instances like the one you show with the cow. It's not a bug, but a feature, and I suspect (for what little my opinion's worth) that CA may be doing it as a humorous tease, drawing our attention to odd things we can't get at.

• LuthienNightwolf

In this case I think it's actually a glitch with the expansion mod I use. There's a pathing bug or something that makes the cows see the grass on the main farm (almost like the expansion sits on top of it and there's holes) and go straight for that, instead of eating what's actually right there in front of them. (I made a post a while back about it: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/cows-stuck-in-barn.123066/)

Unfortunately, this usually means they walk straight into that cliff and then get stuck there, or on top of it, as this one has done. lol But I thought she looked funny up there just strolling around, totally not caring about being inside the pasture.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Looks like there be a crowd either cheering the cow on or in awe wondering if they could get up there...

Also might be an illusion, but one of the cows looks like it is in a tree. I think you captured at just the right moment for it to almost look like that. Lot of interesting things in that pic. I haven't quite run into anything like that as of yet... beyond the not ever seeing a cut-scene ever happen, but that was before that was fixed; and well still have not seen it and almost about to marry... Just waiting for the right season. :nuruhappy:

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

~I never saw a flying cow/ I never hoped to see one/ but I can tell you anyhow/ I've gone to fetch my shotgun.~

Borodin likes this.
              • Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

The other cows... staring longingly towards the sky, wondering when will their brethren return, with news of flight, of the sky... of grass in taller places

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

the cow lives on the EDGE

also, that sebastian one is not a glitch. gosh!! he wants you to carry him in the house like you're newlyweds and shower him with attention
                  (but not too much attention)

Minimanta and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                  • LuthienNightwolf

Well, I let one cow do it, now they all wanna do it. This is how it starts. Soon I'm going to wake up to find an entire cow rebellion in my bedroom, and Sebastian will probably be sitting on the back of one of them holding a whip and saying the house is too messy and I should clean it up. This is my reward for all those hard hours of farm labor. This is my future.
                    Cow Rebellion.png

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Four legs good, two legs bad! Four legs good, two legs bad!

And if you think this is frustrating now, just wait until you've got the River or Hill-top maps to deal with. You'll have castaway cows on islands.

• LuthienNightwolf

I probably would, thankfully though this is the expansion and you already know the problems I've had with that. Remember when they were stuck in the barn? They've expanded their horizons and now they like to get stuck on (or sometimes in) the cliff. Hopefully when I ditch the expansion mod and just use the regular farm map I won't have this happening anymore...cuz yeah, cows on islands and stuck up in trees would be quite annoying. lol

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

><
                          you know I was only joking when I said the others were admiring... I guess, they actually were... oi, such a revolution. I think this is the reason I have stuck with the default game so far. Not ever knowing what to expect beyond what each mod offers. And in this case I wouldn't be surprised if they started donning space helms and are secretly building a rocket to get out of the valley, or even further... :nurugasp:

Yeah might be funny the first time, but gets old when the march is on, or in this case a stampede. ><
                          Well I guess the silver lining is that you have less cows to take care of... oh wait... that was the point...:nuruconfused:

• MissKiki

MissKiki Space Penguin Leader

Thats so cute, your mods are adorable. I wish I knew how to mod on mac.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Maybe Sebastian is refusing to be in the same room as the prismatic shard, given it is the opposite of his aesthetic sense.

marimivo and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                              • LuthienNightwolf

Its okay, I gave him the demon statue over on his side of the room. He might get some skull braziers and a skeleton around Halloween but that's all the further I'm pushing it. lol

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I know for me, I had this issue similar to slimes where basically they'd have a baby but my proverbial slime hutch is "full" so they just started spawning outside of the slime hutch. Perhaps you are reaching critical cow mass and so they are starting to spawn up off the map?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Critical Cow Mass. Ah, yes, this is how the Moohatten Project started, too.

marimivo likes this.
                                    • LuthienNightwolf

Yeah I've had that happen with slimes too. Its not necessarily that the cows are spawning up there, they come out of the barn and walk straight up thinking grass is there, and it started even when I just had four. Its a pathing issue with the expansion mod I use, its happened before on my old save too. Not much that can be done except remove the grass from that area of the main farm so they'll look somewhere else. As long as they return to the barn at the end of the night its fine, which so far they've done.

• LuthienNightwolf

This is the best way I can illustrate what I think is happening. I overlaid the expansion over the main farm and turned the opacity down so you can see them both; I think this is how the game reads it for some reason.

On my old save, I had this same thing happening, animals were walking through barns and fences to get to where grass was (despite there being a full field of grass right outside their barn), almost as though they were ignoring anything on the expansion and only "seeing" the main farm. Pigs would dig up truffles, but the truffles would appear on the main farm, in the area that corresponded to where their enclosure was.

Like I said it's not a huge deal, just kind of funny to see them all up on the cliff where they clearly aren't meant to go - they all return to the barn like normal at the end of the day.

Cow Issue.png

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

My babies seem to crawl through the walls and crawl around in the darkness/shadows inside my home, and my dog has slept on the wall, like Spider-Dog