1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound mentioned on TGS Podcast

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starheaven07, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Knowing TB's history of WTF's, pretty sure he's be open to and will be doing one on Starbound. Not sure if he & Jesse would do a playthrough as IMO it would feel to similar to the one thye have on now... however knowing his love of spacey stuff, and their... ahem... unique take on how they play together (dieing a lot, overflowing inventories of never-ending crap and pure chaotic blissfful insults and banter) I could see Jesse and someone else do one? Crendor, or maybe I could entice the rest of the RPG Makers to play once it's released... :rofl:

Dementia likes this.
  2. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YES!

3. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Even if it was, we really have to try to stop comparing this game to Terraria...TB may think of it as "space Terraria" but hopefully he will read into the game a bit more and change that :)

also, there are some *cough* crazies around here who get very upset about things like that >.>

4. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

The comparisons are going to be made, guys. I think it is time for us to stop getting all up in arms when it happens. We are somewhat to blame for the crazies, because of our response.
    Rather than saying, "Yeah, I guess it will be somewhat like Terraria but it will have a lot of differences that make it unique..." we end up responding with a "HECK NO IT ISN"T ANYTHING LIKE TERRARIA" which isn't the right response. It has a lot of similarities. The gaming industry is filled with great games that have similarities, that isn't a bad thing necessarily. If I was going to describe SB to someone who had never seen any of the pics and vids I would say basically what TB said, because it isn't inaccurate just simplistic.

5. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I guess im not saying to like, completely try to isolate it from other games... Most games are based off of others, you are right

Zellman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.