1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New picture from Tiiiiiy!!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Breather, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Just found this somewhere. Is it an actual screenshot? (Sorry in case [​IMG])

Breather and Karamunin like this.
  2. SAO

SAO 2.7182818284590...

Not an actual screenshot, legris or george just drew something random way back then.

3. DevilBro

DevilBro Void-Bound Voyager

video:

SAO and Lazor Llama like this.
  4. SAO

SAO 2.7182818284590...

We need to do an analysis now!

5. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

[05:18:16] <@Tiy> Madmarlon in the video there are metal trees

I'm too lazy to do anything other than a wall of text. It's probably better if you just watch the video 100 more times. So here goes:

Running through forests.

Que first scene, normal kind of planet, purple and olive leaf coloured trees. Player jumps.
    Fade to second scene, blue dirt planet with pink grass and trees, but also a green tree for some reason.
    Suddenly: third planet, white fluffy trees, some are slightly blue. Player runs over rocks.
    Show orange forth planet with player walking down hill. Trees have spiky blue trunks and are blue or green coloured.
    Fifth planet with purple dead-looking trees, blue grass and green dirt. Some trees are teal.
    Switch to sixth planet which has purple dirt and blue and green trees. Weird blue plants on the floor.
    Transition to seventh planet, with aqua and green coloured foliage and blue grass.
    Still running through the eighth planet, very unique patterned trees... the background does not match them they are made of metal, apparently.
    Forward to ninth planet, bright pinky-purple and green trees. There are some holes in the ground.
    Music picks up and it's night time. Planet ten shows for about one second and I'm to lazy to turn up the brightness. Player is using a flashlight for rest of the video.
    Another 'dead tree' planet for the eleventh, this time with red leaves.
    Sequence to planet twelve, with trees not seen before in the video, large leaves, the night sky with stars is visible.
    Another planet with those metal trees, the background still does not match.
    Fluffy white leaf trees for planet fourteen. This time they have blue spiky trunks like planet four.
    Green dirt, blue grass, spirally trunks... planet fifteen.
    Planet sixteen uses those kind of dead tree leaves, but look more lively in an orange colour, as well as a different spirally trunk. Also some weird large plants.
    Blue metal trees, blue grass, venus fly traps in the darkness?
    Light green trees.
    Blue droopy leaf trees.
    Brown old trees.

So many trees.
    I'm going to die now.

*Starbound logo*
    *Yay welcome Bartwe (Programmer Extraordinaire) to the dev team*
    *Yay, visit the website*
    Fade to black.

6. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

That's actually one of mine, immediately after we launched someone asked me to draw a fish and candycane as a weapon, so I obliged :p

edit: Glad you all like the video!

Ordona and blind sniper like this.
  7. Timmeh

Timmeh Orbital Explorer

Can we see the fish weapon? :D

8. SAO

SAO 2.7182818284590...

Its a fishaxe I think, like an uber-pickaxe.

9. Timmeh

Timmeh Orbital Explorer

Oh god... I'm so gonna use that weapon !

10. SAO

SAO 2.7182818284590...

Not in the final release, it's a developer only testing tool.

11. Timmeh

Timmeh Orbital Explorer

:cry:

12. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

TOMORROW. On it ;)

Meanwhile, help yourself :D

~ockpii

13. Formed_Zeus

Formed_Zeus Void-Bound Voyager

Looks great. They did say that some planets have perpetual darkness. But I think some planets would look better if they had a sort of hue to it; Kinda like in the pic, where the sky is red. It would be cool if the actual player layer was lit by a faint, moon-like glow that is tinted red.
    Anyway, They also said you could place objects on the background. I think the guy just used some background blocks and then put a torch on them.

14. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Were not the ones who made it off topic but what do you think of dem armors?

15. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

WARNING: Serious thread derailment imminent

Ooh look a planet!
    [​IMG]

16. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

IMO, the cursor kinda sucks.
    Dunno, it just looks dull, and asymmetrical.
    Like my face, ooooo!

17. Ollobrains

Ollobrains Scruffy Nerf-Herder

planet backgrounds or planets that grow on giant galactic trees

18. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Better not tell Suika about that. [​IMG]

19. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

I think it looks ok so it's fine! ;) She won't feel too bad

20. Bismuth

Bismuth Cosmic Narwhal

It looks like they drew it on a grid in six seconds, it might be a temporary placeholder for something more suitable.
    It looks alright, but I think it can definitely be better. Honestly I would be more happy for minecraft crosshairs for the cursor than a right triangle xD

But anyway, the screenshot and video are awesome, I don't think I can wait till fall for this game @_@

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.