1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed STARBOUND BETA: BUGS DATABASE (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) -Bug testers needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arogard

Arogard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Version: Upbeat Giraffe
    npc, enemies, and fights with them
    2, Moderate
    The boss of Erchius Mine's beam sprite doesn't match with the hitbox, in fact it's exactly perpendicular from extended testing.

I was just going through the mission normally. I had to attempt the mission four times because of this sprite error and it was consistent all four times. I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit, and the visual bug was consistent regardless of running the game normally, through openGL or the 64-bit version.

Andr0o likes this.
  2. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

I had the same issue when I faced this boss in the nightly updates before upbeat

You may know this, but use a the best shield you can and try for perfect block against the boss's lasers. Perfect block is the split second when your shield flashes a brighter color.

3. Wolfmane

Wolfmane Space Hobo

Version: Upbeat Giraffe
    server side
    3, Severe Bug
    Beaming to desert planet at x:-61749012 y:169304001 in starting star system results in client-side crash.
    Tested and confirmed with 2 characters (multiplayer)

4. sunghail

sunghail Orbital Explorer

Windows 7 64-bit
    DirectX
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Level 3

I shift-clicked a single item (Cell Materia) from my inventory to the ship locker, and the game crashed with the following message:

Code:
    (InventoryException) Not allowed to discard stack when locked.
      StarException::StarException(char*)
      PlayerInventory::discardSwap()
      Player::discardSwap()
      _Function_handler<void (shared_ptr<Pane>),
    MainInterface::init()::{lambda(shared_ptr<Pane>)#1}>::(_Any_data, shared_ptr<Pane>)
    PaneManager::dismiss(shared_ptr<Pane>)
    PaneManager::dismissPane(shared_ptr<Pane>)

RegisteredPaneManager<MainInterfacePanes>::toggleRegisteredPane(MainInterfacePanes)
      MainInterface::handleInputEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
      ClientApplication::processInput(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
      StarApplicationBase::handlePendingInput()
      StarApplicationBase::run()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main

Might be a duplicate of this bug:

5. JNFischer30

Windows 7 64 bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Feb 5, 2015
    Minor Sound FX bug

When using particle thrust, if I hit the ground (the side of a mountain) and activate this tech in quick succession, the sound effect continues to play endlessly. The same thing happens with the rocket boots. If I quit and reload the bug goes away.

6. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

7. JNFischer30

Windows 7 64 Bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Feb 5, 2015

CRASH

I was cutting down Giant blue flowers when the game crashed and I got this message

upload_2015-2-5_10-36-9.png

8. Mammotht@sk

Mammotht@sk Void-Bound Voyager

Had this crash error occur during the game. I had beaten the first boss on the erchius moon place. Beamed back to the ship and upgraded the FTL drives and then it crashed. I was playing on normal link. I have just booted up GL this time around and it would appear that although it crashed it has now put me at the point after the crash so I can carry on with my character.

Attached Files:

• pic.png
      pic.png
      File size:
      709.8 KB
      Views:
  9. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

I have not been encountering any bugs aside from the usual world generation lag.

10. Alucard I

I know. You guys are supposed to take old bugs and test them if they are still here.

11. Annohorium

Annohorium Aquatic Astronaut

Hello!
    I found some bugs, or something like that. (no dmg in dark gravity ball...)
    If you still need testers - I am ready to help you!

12. JNFischer30

Windows 7, 64 bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Feb 5, 2015

CRASH. I got this message after warping onto my ship.

upload_2015-2-5_18-44-34.png [DOUBLEPOST=1423180001][/DOUBLEPOST]Another Crash

I got this when I warped down to an ocean planet right after the last crash. I guess that's it for tonight.

upload_2015-2-5_18-46-53.png

13. TavisNamara

TavisNamara Big Damn Hero

Alright, well... Here goes.

• Upbeat Giraffe, most recent
    • Client-side
    • 4 (All items on ship lost, days of progress destroyed)
    • When hit by a meteor (nearly triple my max health in damage), game crashed, and upon reload, ship was empty. Still the same size (Upgraded twice), permanent items still in place, background and lighting in place, and newbie items in locker, but ~30 metal lockers and all crafting stations missing. Second reload, same result.
    • Was on a high-heat planet, with a risk of meteors. Had already been hit by one before. Game crashed then, too, but was ignored because recent beta, crashes happen sometimes. This time, was next to two crystal trees and a crystal chest, got hit by one meteor and instantly overkilled, then, before I fully disappeared or the game crashed, another meteor hit the trees (Which were already falling over one segment above the base from the first meteor's explosion) and chest. Didn't get to see if the chest got destroyed or the trees were fully felled, as the game then crashed. As it was something that had happened before, simply reloaded and found my ship entirely empty aside from starter items/background/etc.

14. JNFischer30

Windows 7 64 bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Minor World Bug
    Dying Oshrooms

When I add or remove water from a lake I made, the Oshrooms in the area die and have to be replanted. I just put in Cheap lights instead. The Oshrooms look better, but they keep dying and they only die off when the water level changes. The other plants in the lake are unaffected by the water level fluctuations.

Oshroom death.png

Overworld Terraforming tools would be great.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  15. MoonPetals

MoonPetals Big Damn Hero

Windows 7 64-bit
    Upbeat Giraffe - Update 2, Protocol: 666
    Feb. 6, 2015

Loljuice.png

Moderate Bug: As a Floran (or possibly any other race) the "Toxic Juice" food item appears to be static and stuck, floating within the player. Checked to see if both Mulitplayer and Singleplayer had the small issue and it does. Thanks :)

16. Lord Doughnut

Lord Doughnut Orbital Explorer

[Reporting Bug]
    Windows 8 64-bit
    Upbeat Giraffe, Standard OpenGSL run option
    Over Feb 3-6, I've been playing multiplayer and noticed a bug with liquid collection, sometimes whilst removing water underground, water will collect in a 1-block-deep depression and keep infinitely collecting water from no apparent source.
    Thanks.

17. Alucard I

If you want to help, firstly check the section with old bugs, and test them if they still happen or not. If some bugs listed here can't happen because the cause was removed (like bone dragon etc), just automatically count it as fixed.

18. Optix

Optix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. JNFischer30

Windows 7, 64 bit
    The "Terrifying Eye Hat" will not stack in inventory.

20. Alucard I

I doubt Hats are supposed to stack. I guess it's a generation glitch that they appear stacked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.