1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed STARBOUND BETA: BUGS DATABASE (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) -Bug testers needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larifogo

larifogo Space Hobo

Until yesterday, I was playing Starbound with friends through Hamachi servers as recommended. Today, on the other hand, after the stable updates, for some reason, no matter what I do, when i put my server ip, the following happens:

1- A big lag, freezing my game for a few seconds.
    2- The message of error "Join failed! Error conecting to..."

The only way to get a connection to my open server is by using my own computer IP, what simply won't work for me, 'cuz no friend is in a LAN connection right now to use it as well.
    Any ideas of how to fix this?

2. katimus_prime

katimus_prime Aquatic Astronaut

I've been investigating this particular bug since Upbeat Giraffe Update 666. Upon upgrading from 665, I loaded to my home base and wanted to cry because I thought the planet had reset. It turns out that my starting point had just been reset, but I couldn't figure out how to reproduce it. It happened 3 or 4 more times to me before I started to realize that each time it recalculated my starting spot, there had been liquid on my starting coordinates. I've been able to repro it pretty consistently since then.

1. Launch Starbound.
    2. Travel to a planet you won't mind messing up your spawn point.
    3. Dig down at least 1 unit and fill the gap with liquid (or build up).
    4. Return to your ship.
    5. Return to that planet's surface to find your starting point has changed.

3. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

4. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

Windows 7, 64 bit
    Moderate bug
    Building

The water is all kinds of messed up. I don't even know where to start. My well moves up and down of it's own accord. I've got a lake that drains when there are no holes in it. Rain no longer collects in pools. When I use the matter manipulator to remove water from one of my lakes, the water acts like Jell-o. 5 minutes passed and the water level had still not recovered from me removing about 1% of the lake's volume. I have no specs or error messages. I've just noticed that the water behaves badly.

5. Lando

Lando Aquatic Astronaut

Monsters/Fights
    1/10

When warping to ship, player is invisible and warp animation has finished, monsters can attack and cause a damage counter on player.

6. deathangelkiller

deathangelkiller Big Damn Hero

• Upbeat Giraffe
    • Client-side
    • dangerous level 2
    • During the Erchius Mining Facility mission, if you die you get sent to your ship then if you try to port back to the facility within a couple of seconds your game crashes, this also happens with beaming up from the facility and using any function of sail within seconds. it is show here (skip to 13:40).
    • Found it by doing the Erchius Mining facility.

7. AltroTenli

AltroTenli Space Hobo

• Version: v. Upbeat Giraffe
    • Bug classification: Game Mechanics
    • Not dangerous, but should be fixed anyway.
    • Infinite multiplication of any item(s).
    • If you play multiplayer, you can come to an another player's ship, leave any desired item in their storage container. If another player leaves the server, you are not teleported from their ship. You can then take an item back and leave the ship. When the same another player returns, game recreates his last ship, which is a version of it before you took an item back, resulting in an additional copy in the storage container. This can be done with any item and actually stacks, which means the amount of total items will be multiplied by two after every run of this bug. Tested with several items.

8. JNFischer30

Win 7 64bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Crash

I got this message when I was picking up pixels
    upload_2015-2-19_15-39-3.png

9. GrayCount

GrayCount Void-Bound Voyager

Re-map "middle" mouse button to anything, say "Jump" and it only behaves as if mapped to "Interact".

10. JNFischer30

Win 7 64bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    CRASH

I got this message, again when I was collecting pixels.

upload_2015-2-19_18-51-22.png

I just checked my inventory and found a spear called "Beautiful Spinesticker". It might have been mixed in with the pixels I was collecting.

11. nimmerland

12. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Upbeat Giraffe (Stable Branch)
    Win 8.1 (64-bit OpenGl)
    Game Exploit
    --------------------------------
    You can use the matter manipulator to collect Status Pods, Cultist Alters, and Matter Block Generators. You can place the items anywhere, then activate them as normal. You can also collect their bases and add them back to your inventory after use.

You can scan these items for free and print them for 1px at the 3d printer.

This must be a bug - I can print a thousand Cultist Alters and never have to worry about healing again.

13. Mysterious Mr. M

Mysterious Mr. M Void-Bound Voyager

• Upbeat Giraffe
    • Crafting
    • Skyrail Diode recipe creates only a single rail despite it requiring 3 normal Skyrails and 1 Durasteel Bar like other recipes that give 3 rails.

14. nyteshade

nyteshade Void-Bound Voyager

I have a bug i guess. Sometimes whenever I am on my ship flying somewhere, it wont stop flying. Sometimes it will even play the "exiting warp speed" sound, but the ship keeps going.

15. nimmerland

16. Krytikal

Krytikal Subatomic Cosmonaut

Win7 64bit
    NPC/Enemies
    Moderate bug (Though I would rate it higher on annoyance scale)

ISSUE: Mob spawning parameters are far too broad. After extensive testing, they will spawn in enclosed, well-lit, fully backgrounded spaces, as well as all other places except for predefined dungeon areas, the outpost, and the player ship.

All tiles are player placed, and the background is unnatural (outpost tiles, titanium panels, and wall panels were all tested). Floor tiles varied (tilled dirt, sand, pressurized steel, outpost thick wall, and lunar base block were all tested). Items placed within the enclosures have no effect on whether mobs spawn (Crafting equipment, storage, decor, various lighting, and beds were all tested). I can reproduce these results and have done so across several universes. Size of enclosures has an effect. If the enclosure is too small, mobs will not spawn. Mobs appear to require a tile or 2 on either side and above them to spawn, but this is not confirmed.

17. Dracorexion

Dracorexion Intergalactic Tourist

• Upbeat Giraffe 668
    • Client-Side
    • At some point during or after reaching the first outpost, the game deletes your character.
    • The first time this bug occurred, I was attempting the Mining Facility mission. Having failed twice due to being somewhat unprepared for ranged combat, I decided to save & exit then attempt it the next day. However, when I loaded up the game, my character was gone. At the time I had not noticed the "report a bug" button on the Launcher, and simply began a new game (after having to delete the world files so my planets would reset). I was able to play all the way past the Mining Facility mission and was in the process if mining materials for titanium armor and exploring new star systems. I saved and exited again, and opened up the game to find my character deleted again. I'm unsure if attempting the Mining Facility mission is the cause, but I believe it is since I was able to save and exit all before attempting the mission and not find my character deleted.

18. Wagner McVay

Wagner McVay Intergalactic Tourist

• Upbeat Giraffe (Windows 8.1)
    • Items
    • No "Circuit Board" from Human Shield Generator
      • After an update on 2/17/2015 I can no longer obtain Circuit Boards from Human Shield Generators located in Apex Villages, Apex Labs, and USCM Prisons.
    • Upbeat Giraffe (Windows 8.1)
    • Client-Side
    • Full Screen mode; No User Interface while in game, zoom in at title screen
      • When I activate Full Screen while in game, I loose the UI and the mouse arrow. Before an update on 2/17/2015 the game zoomed in to the center of the screen withe no UI but the mouse arrow was visible.
      • When I activate Full Screen at the Title Screen, the game zooms in to the center to where all I can see is the upper right corner of the single player option. Originally I believed it to be a resolution issue but my computer and game options are set to 1920 x 1080.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    curly133 likes this.
  19. MikanPachi

MikanPachi Void-Bound Voyager

this was a bug I discovered today while playing. I dunno if it's a bug or ment to happen.

• Version of Starbound: Upbeat Giraffe
    • Type of bug: Items
    • I'm not sure if this bug is dangerous or not but I would rate it a 0 since I see no damage to my game yet. but I was able to test and confirm it wasn't a one time thing.
    • Status Pods (those large things that give you random buff) cuz be mined and looted.
    • How I found the bug: I was mining in a cave trying to get an ore under a Status Pod and the pod dropped like an item. It is in my inventory with the description "A status pod. take your chances..." The item type for it says --todo--

20. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

Upbeat Giraffe
    Client-side

There are one pixel in "\plants\trees\giantflowers\foliage\pinkflower\crown1.png" that shouldn't be there:
    crown1.png

Upbeat Giraffe
    Blocks and Ores

There are floran underground microdungeon with dirt trapdoor and pressure plates. It looks like trapdoor and pressure plates should be connected with wires but they aren't.

Upbeat Giraffe
    Typos

Cacti name starts with lowercase letter.

Upbeat Giraffe
    Weapons and Armor

It looks like Metalwork Station can't produce Tier 1 armors. I've noticed that playing as human. Maybe it's not an issue for other races. That's kinda stupid because I've replaced my Iron Anvil with Metalwork Station the same way I've replaced my Stone Furnace with Magnetic Crucible and Magnetic Crucible can smelt all the ores and not only newer ones.

Upbeat Giraffe
    Client-side

After really long playing sessions my game starts beeping with sound that I've found later in "assetmissing.wav". It happens when I beam up to my ship.
    I've checked my log and found this:
    Code:
    Error: Could not load  asset, using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) Path '' must be absolute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.