1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed After saving I have a new spawn point.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by koocies, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koocies

koocies Space Hobo

Just got the game and this is my fourth time playing. I got on tonight and beamed down from the ship to where I though the game would always put me. Well it didn't. Instead I'm spawning near a site campsite with a mine, so that's nice I guess, but I've lost all my stuff.
    The image is the new random site.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit, play single player

Attached Files:

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You should take a trip around the whole planet and check.
    If you modify the landing site - it beams you to a different location. This was done because earlier griefers would put propeller blades at landing sites making them impossible to land on.

3. koocies

koocies Space Hobo

I didn't change the area where I was spawning. The campsite I built was a little to the right, away from the spawn point. I can try to look for it, but that doesn't explain why this happened.

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If you alter the original spawn location in anyway. It automatically moves you to a new location which remains unmodified.. This is just an anti-griefing measure.

5. koocies

koocies Space Hobo

Again I did not change the spawn point. everything I build was a full screen away form the spawn.

6. echelon3

echelon3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If the game thinks you altered it anyway it can also change. Also, if the planet has thunderstorms that pool water, it could also have changed it because there was water at your original spawn point. The spawn system was fixed after the addition of ocean planets so that if there was any liquid at the spawn it would move you to another random chunk of land.

7. koocies

koocies Space Hobo

No water pooling. I had beamed up and down a few times before I quit the game with no issue. It was only changed after saving the gaming and re-openning it that i lost my area. So again the area never changed. Im really surprized that im now in front of a large camp site.

8. koocies

koocies Space Hobo

Okay so I found it. I'm guessing plant a tree is what did it.

9. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah - sometimes placing large objects that you can move past upon your spawn point, or even nearby, will cause it to move.

I once caused my spawn point to change by placing a flag of all things.

Fortunately, you have not lost your stuff. You just have to travel around the planet's surface until you find your old spawn location, and pick it up again.

10. katimus_prime

katimus_prime Aquatic Astronaut

I was wondering if this was intentional. I get the use as an anti-griefing measure. I'm glad it's not as catastrophic as I thought, but the result of your character being placed randomly across any spot on the planet and the lack of messaging to the player about it makes a player think they've lost all their stuff.

11. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

could have been rain that pooled up at your spawn point just as you teleported down from your ship - happened to me once before as well.. and it was raining quite heavily xD
    i didn't think to check around the planet at the time so i thought i'd lost everything... so i reset everything - character, universe.. all of it lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.