Modding Discussion Religion Mod?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BlakusLogan, Aug 29, 2016.

1. BlakusLogan

BlakusLogan Big Damn Hero

Since the discussion on the discord wasn't very fruitful, making the mod who was online side with a bunch of bullying atheists, I'd like to know if there is a chance we could see some mods which enhance the religious side of the races. I mean the avian probably have other deities that they believe in and there must be glitch monasteries/nunneries, but the game being lighthearted, prefers to go the atheist way and work with creativity. I'd like to see some use in those evil altars and sacrificial bed other than just for decor.

I do not want a atheist argument here as through the power of religion and science, we can see a true path. Any anti-religion comments will be deleted, not necessarily by myself, but please be nice

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

For One thing - you can't actually delete comments only a moderator can.
    Second - Editing Codex entries to add more religious lore is pretty easy.

I suggest giving it a try your self to make a mod you desire. Not sure how many people would be interested in making it.
    I suggest starting here: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/unofficial-modding-ebook-2-0.2930/

Then after you finish reading it - if you have further questions you can always post and ask.

BlakusLogan, Crusism and lazarus78 like this.
  3. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

make it jesus loves u!

4. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, all depends on imagination and capabilities of the modder, all what you are asking for example the part of adding monasteries/nunneries/church and other kind of structures like that i think that can be easily added since you just need to create the sprite of the structure or make a building with tiles and adding to the existing random village or structures that spawn, i imagine that it would be like to create a dungeon, you can search a tutorial on how to create a dungeon(not like mission dungeon). The lore for this is even easier since you can do it via codex.

The part of adding something like a functional sacrificial altar or a decor that do other thing beside of just only be a decor i think that will be more difficult since it will require some lua scripting i think.