Modding Help Putting stuff in the wire station

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by jje64, Jul 25, 2017.

1. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

So I've got a mod built and functional - the only think I can't seem to do is make it show up in the wirestation crafting table.

I updated and rewrote parts of the Liquid Pumps mod, but try as I might, I cannot get the damned thing to appear on the crafting table.

So I created a player config patch that is:

Code:
    [
        {"op":"add","path":"/defaultBlueprints/tier1/-","value":{"item":"liquidpump"}}
    ]

And then in /liquidpump/recipes/wirestation/mechanics/liquidpump.recipe
    I've got:

Code:
    {
      "input" : [
        { "item" : "liquidsensor", "count" : 1},
        { "item" : "copperbar", "count" : 5 }
      ],
      "output" : { "item" : "liquidpump", "count" : 1 },
      "groups" : [ "wirestation", "mechanics" ]
    }

What am I doing wrong?

2. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"wirestation" is the old group tag; you need to replace it with "craftingwiring"

jje64 likes this.
  3. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Just in the recipe file, or do I need to redo the folders path too?

4. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the folder path is just there for convenience, the game will parse all of the assets and do stuff based on their extension (here, .recipe) regardless of their path

jje64 likes this.
  5. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks! Is this stuff articulated somewhere? I searched and searched for an answer to this to no avail.

PS - that worked, thank you!

6. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7. jje64

jje64 Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, there's two modding books floating around that I've seen, sometimes the easiest solution is just to ask. I wouldn't have thought of looking in the games assets, it never even occurred to me. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the most elusive!

8. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking at the assets is indeed usually the best way to get infos; a great tool for snooping around is fuzzy searching -- searching through all the files for a string of text. If you don't know your text editor's fuzzy search functions (or if it doesn't have any), you can use a software made for it; I'm using Agent Ransack, but there are similar ones.