Modding Help Post-Release Modding Tools/Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by TheConspiracyTheorist, Dec 1, 2016.

1. TheConspiracyTheorist

TheConspiracyTheorist Space Spelunker

Starbound was officially released after being on Early Access recently. However, I cannot find any tools/tutorials for the full release.

For instance, the map editor only works with older versions of files. Take .shipworld files for instance. They're new and do not work with the old editor.

Can anyone direct me on where to find tutorials on modding the full release?

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

3. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

That guide is great to help you get started.

For ships specifically, you'll most likely want to mod the ship fiels found in /ships/<species>. These still use the old format for being generated (images instead of Tiled-compatible data).
    I recommend you look at one ship .structure file; it references all other files you'll have to look at to figure out what they do.

Seeing how ships are still generated using older methods, most information from this thread should still apply and could be useful to you: http://community.playstarbound.com/...de-ships-as-main-ship-modify-your-ship.35943/