1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Plans for post release content

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

To be fair, they could have a large update that introduces a race that can use magic with limitation, no dev has said this, it's just my opinion that its POSSIBLE, seeing as you are playing in a universe full of races and planets, who's to say one of those planets couldn't have magic?

ErekoseDM likes this.
  2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I love Magic as much as anyone else, & wouldn't say no to it being in the game... but it doesn't have to be in EVERY Game. If Tiy doesn't want it, then no complaints here. Besides, Magic WAS in Terraria, but was arguably broken gimp in that game... not to mention that having to hork so many Magic Restorative Potions to do proper Magic DPS was both borked & can't be good for the Terraria Magic User's mind... :lolwut: What good would it do to have Magic in Starbound if it ended up broken gimp too...? Maybe Magic died out between Terraria & Starbound for a reason...? Oh wait... I forget... is Terraria & Starbound set in the same 'Universe', or different ones from each other...? :unsure:

3. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

Terraria and Starbound are two completely different games, they're just in the same genre.

Tom Baker and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I was referring to Starbound Lore-wise. ;)

5. Samta

Samta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That would be very interesting to see in the background as you're flying your ship a world covered in hallow and corruption :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

The Starbound and Terraria lore will be completely different too. Terraria barely had any story to it anyway.

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Ahh. Many thanks for the info. :)

8. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Think of Terraria and Starbound being like, COD and Battlefield, they're two separate games from separate developer teams, with similarities being caused by nothing more than them being in the same genre :)

9. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

Apart from the fact CoD and (the new) battlefield games are awful and the fact that Starbound has some of the same team (Okay, one, but you see my point.) as Terraria.

10. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

That's your opinion, lets not get into game bashing here...

11. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

It was passive and was not the main point of my post.

12. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

This is great news indeed Tiy, it's good to see there will always be something new for the players to do.

Bamseper likes this.
  13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

14. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh god i'm so late, but that sounds like a perfect plan, enough small updates to satisfy everyone but also big ones coming every now and them.

15. RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

Wise man once said: Magic is just science that hasn't been explained yet.
    (OK, the Thor movie, so perhaps not a wise man...)

Shippo, RikSharp, Bombzero and 2 others like this.
  17. TheWalrusLivesInMe

TheWalrusLivesInMe Void-Bound Voyager

I like your videos.

18. PoroCYon

PoroCYon Void-Bound Voyager

who does'nt? xD

19. TheWalrusLivesInMe

TheWalrusLivesInMe Void-Bound Voyager

No, they're not EA :D

That Guy, Axe Garian and Stargazer like this.
  20. Hyperex

Hyperex Void-Bound Voyager

You know why? Because the possibilities are ****ing endless. you can play forever, and just scratch the surface of what is possible. then you start modding your minecraft, then when you get bored oof that, start a server for you friends, then the server goes bukkit... etc. Really, in my opinion Minecraft was better pre 1.8, as they really ruined minecraft with 1.8. minecraft 1.3 made minecraft fun again.

Note that terraria went to hell AFTER tiy left.

Well, how about some sci-fi equivalent to magic?