Orbital Colosseum

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Daitenshi, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Sashima

Sashima Big Damn Hero

What would really be fun is if you couldn't take items into the ring, you were limited to arena based items which were unlocked the further you go into the arena. And instead of betting you could get a minor monetary reward, that could be increased by using under tiered items for the level of challenge you're on.

Though in terms of a betting system, maybe you could have people in a multiplayer game bet on whether others win fights.

2. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

I just thought of something, could you put a really weak pet in against a inhuman challenger and bet loads of pixels on the stronger one, knowing it would win?

3. Sashima

Sashima Big Damn Hero

I think what you'd have to do is throw your pet in, with fixed bet amount FOR your pet so that you would have to win...

4. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

Yeah, that makes sense.

5. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

As I said previously, there would probably be some basic calculations (especially for pets) to determine their chances on winning. If the challenger really out ranks the pet then their pay out could be something like 100:1 (for every 100 pixels you put in for the inhuman challenger you can get 101 out when they win).

6. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Yes, that would be one way of handling it. I'm still surprised so many people are into the whole "alien dog-fighting thing" I kinda preferred to make PC's fight things to the death.

7. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be quite a nice idea, I support this

8. Evinagro

Evinagro Cosmic Narwhal

9. Daitenshi

It's been awhile. Should i sit down and elaborate on a system for "betting" and such?

10. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

Probably, there seem to be some strange flaws in betting.
    Although, Alpha's idea was pretty good.

11. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

This is epic, don't have much more to say, would like to see that in the game. :DD

12. Daitenshi

Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your Mom! More footing this gains the more likely it will be added.

XRiZUX likes this.
  13. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Hopefully it will get into the game either way. :)

14. Daitenshi

I certainly hope so, feel free to add or discuss anything about it. When I stop feeling lazy i'll do some cleaning up on the OP

15. Vjedi729

Vjedi729 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why not both, I support, now all we need is more customization...do we litterally chose every moster and how many if we want? 'Cause that would be awesome, especially if we can create monsters.

16. Daitenshi

Well There will be preset modes where you cannot choose the monsters that you get to fight. Those are preset for a reason for the sense of accomplishment, those are the tournaments. The custom ones you will be able to choose from any monster you've "scanned" and collected the information for on normal planets.

17. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

is the art supposed to say 'ORGINIZED' instead of 'ORGANIZED'? maybe that's referring to something I don't know about in the op.. (tl;dr)

18. Daitenshi

Ha! no it isn't but when i noticed I couldn't fix it since my compy had to get reformatted

Edit: Made a new one!
    Edit Edit: Updated with a "Pet Fighting Ring" Section

Catoosie likes this.
  19. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

PET FIGHTS!

YES! DO IT!

*Cough* But in all seriousness, I fully support all of these ideas. The ability to capture monsters and have them fight with you and level them up is probably 90% to 190% of the reason I am going to love this game so much, and something like this would just be heaven.

20. Daitenshi

I'm certainly glad you like the suggestion, feel free to let me know any of your ideas for this so we can discuss them too!