1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Novakids' Tier 8 Ship Bugged

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by B-Wrecka, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B-Wrecka

B-Wrecka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there, I just upgraded my Novakid's ship to Tier 8, and noticed that there's this pillar of impassable barrier in the last carriage. I've tried relogging and It can't be mined whatsoever, it's like one of those boundary things in the boss dungeons. Is there a fix to this, or do I gotta wait for a hotfix or Glad Giraffe or something? Thanks in advance, peace!

[​IMG]

2. Garfield67

Garfield67 Sandwich Man

Best Answer
    Might be something funky going on with your .shipworld file... This might just revert your ship to the upgrade before, but have you tried renaming your corrupted .shipworld file (does matter what, just add a .broken or something) and renaming one of the .shipworld backups (they end with .shipworld.bak# where # is an integer starting at 1)? (you can always just change the names back if it doesn't work)

I'm not sure what OS you're on, but you should be able to find your .shipworld files in the /player/ folder where user data for the game is kept.

I think the problem might be a very general one of data being corruptible...

3. B-Wrecka

B-Wrecka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My sincerest apologies, apparently I have terrible forum searching skills, but upon trying different key words I found a couple of other threads here and here with the same bug and solution.

Apparently placing Dirt Blocks or any form of blocks over it and then removing said blocks will remove the invisible wall as well, problem solved, sorry again!

And thank you anyway @Garfield67 for the reply and help!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  4. Garfield67

Garfield67 Sandwich Man

Glad you got it sorted! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.