1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Novakid+ 1.4

playable mod race of the Novakid/Anodynes

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Checking /novakid+/treasure/default.treasurepools, it all checks out. As I expected, then, some other mod loaded after Novakids+ is fucking up default.treasurepools, hiding this one from the end result.

I already explained how to (help) fix this in the big-ass copypaste.

2. Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0 Void-Bound Voyager

problem is Kawa, all of the other mods have _merge...

edit: went through all the .blahblahblah files in each treasure folder and added the "__merge" line above it..so...it should work now I guess.

did that. now it's stuck on the loading screen xD

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Okay, now repeat the process. What does the log say?

4. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Aww... Well, I hope Chucklefish contacts you for help when writing codex entries and quests for the Novakids. And keep the train in, please! I love the train.

Oh, and another thing... It seems the Novakids+ have an odd "blinking" animation occasionally. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, since they don't have eyes, or if it's irremovable, or what. Not a big problem, since it hardly lasts long enough to notice, and isn't that noticable to begin with.

Grave110 likes this.
  5. Alaster

Alaster Orbital Explorer

[​IMG]
    I just had too...
    I love the codex and the opening quest. xD
    Almost makes me want to make a mini comic based on it.
    Also, does anyone know any servers that support this mod?

TenaciousTinkerer and Bietol like this.
  6. Grave110

Grave110 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have the same problem as Rawr0w0 i added the "__merge" line and now im stuck in loading the proscess says i got 2 errors

1. Error: Could not load /treasure/default.treasurepools asset, attempting to use default.
    AssetException: Could not read variant asset /treasure/default.treasurepools
    caused by: JsonParsingException: Cannot parse json file: /treasure/default.treasurepools
    caused by: JsonParsingException: Error parsing json: /* comment has no matching */ at 1618:1

2. Warn: Slow asset 0.087 : /treasure/default.treasurepools
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'
    Error: Exception caught in Thread Async root loader: VariantException: Variant type not Map in VariantMapIterator constructor

the only mod that doing this is industrialization Starbound Edition

i hope that helps

7. Grave110

Grave110 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i got it fixed for me :D

8. Xelot

Xelot Phantasmal Quasar

Personality changes cause a deformation in the face and the brand, but only in the editor, in the game it displays correctly.

9. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

I must say, if the official respawn animation isn't that one I will be incredibly disappointed. It's too perfect. Well done.

Aside from that, the FTL Train is in desperate need of some colour. Brass, gold, red/green...just SOME colour. Maybe borrow the original "steampunkish" palette of the original Glitch ships since they moved away from the brassy look toward the ship castle look.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Sign here please.

11. Xallamax

Xallamax Void-Bound Voyager

This makes me so happy, Chucklefish will need to have to do something spectacular to top this.

12. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

Just did a showcase on your mod and showed it to my subs on YouTube! Thanks for taking the time to make this mod!:

CalamityQuote likes this.
  13. Yask

Yask Void-Bound Voyager

Dude i love your mod sooooo much it is beyond AWESOME I Hope CF Hire you casue well your novakid to me is the best. great jobe and keeep up ur good work:):chucklefish::iswydt:

14. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

Loving this mod, wouldn't mind seeing an alternative train with a nice paint job though. Its a little monochromic in my opinion .

15. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

The way you coded the treasurepools file for this race causes a Client-Server error. You can fix it simply by removing the modification to the default treasure pool and renaming the file to novakid+.treasurepools

16. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Beitol! Wicked awesome mod you have here. I love spaghetti western meets sci-fi, so this was naturally up my alley.
    I featured it in my most recent episode of Starbound Mod Outpost! Here's the video for any and all who are interested!

17. Bietol updated Novakid+ with a new update entry:

sound effects and some starter gear

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. Susage

Susage Seal Broken

This is such a cool mod and i have already planted a Novakid flag on an asteroid field! of course i died momentarily after...:saywhat:

overall, best mod i have seen yet keep up the good work! :mwahaha: flag on ass field.PNG

Bietol likes this.
  19. Manaw

Manaw Void-Bound Voyager

So I updated to the new version and I keep getting this error:
    Code:
    Error: Exception caught in Thread Async root loader: TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config '__merge' from file '/treasure/novakid+.treasurepools'
      004DD6A7 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:137)
      004016D8 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:302)
      009681DC (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
      752E336A
      77309F72
      77309F45
    The game doesn't actually crash or anything, it just stops loading and drops to ~3% of my CPU on task manager. Removing the mod makes the game loads fine. I've looked around and there aren't any other novakid+.treasure pool files, so it's not that. I even removed the treasure folder, but I got a different error... Something about dreams? I'd have to do it again to get the error. I'm going to try removing the _merge and see if that works, but any suggestions?

EDIT:
    So removing _merge gave me different error complaining about the novakid+StarterTreasure, so I'm guessing the novakid treasure pool file appears somewhere else under a different name? I'm not enitrely sure.
    Code:
    Error: Exception caught in Thread Async root loader: TreasureException: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'novakid+StarterTreasure' from file '/treasure/novakid+.treasurepools'
      004DD6A7 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/edsource/game/StarRoot.cpp:137)
      004016D8 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:302)
      009681DC (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/core/StarThread_windows.cpp:74)
      752E336A
      77309F72
      77309F45

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  20. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

delete the old version and install the now one and it works fine.