1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Most popular race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by MoonBeast, Dec 20, 2013.

?

Which race is most popular?

1. Human

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Glitch

95 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Floran

183 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Avian

91 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. Hylotl

72 vote(s)
    11.0%
  6. Apex

50 vote(s)
    7.6%
  7. Novakid

75 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. MoonBeast

MoonBeast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Note. This poll is not about your personal opinion, I'm asking you what you think is the most popular race.

2. daekken

daekken Tentacle Wrangler

I have seen more people talk about Florans than any other.. (maybe they're just more vocal) but my favorite so far I think is Apex...

Fogbot3 likes this.
  3. MrHans

MrHans Master Chief

avians
    because this forum is infested by furries

4. MoonBeast

I see more people using Avians. But my favorite will be Novakid

SoulTune101 likes this.
  5. Franklin0

Franklin0 Star Wrangler

6. Kufell

Kufell Pangalactic Porcupine

On the servers I've been on, I've seen mostly Floran players. Closely followed by Glitch I'd say.

7. GundamZphyr7

GundamZphyr7 Big Damn Hero

Probably Floran, though I think Avians or Hylotl are up there too.

I personally like Apex and Glitch.

8. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

Currently it's a lot of talk about glitch and floran. But after the novakids come out, I'm gonna guess a huge shift is going to happen.

9. Franklin0

Franklin0 Star Wrangler

Probably. Once we see racial perks added to the game I think we'll see some shift as well.

10. DeltaV

DeltaV Pangalactic Porcupine

My favorite is Apex, I assumed the most popular one would be Avian (and voted as such), but apparently Floran is winning.

11. HappyDonut

HappyDonut Industrial Terraformer

If you did a poll about personal opinions, you'd get a more accurate result for popular race than a poll about popular race. Self-reporting favorites is more accurate than requesting speculations on the favorites of others. So Florans.

12. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I voted based on what I see people playing, not my own personal choice.

Next time word your poll a bit more clearly.

SaladMan and Morzan like this.
  13. DeltaV

DeltaV Pangalactic Porcupine

Also, why does nobody like Apex around here? They're the smartest race, they have cool- hi-tech looking stuff and they're a 1984 reference.

Naara likes this.
  14. HappyDonut

HappyDonut Industrial Terraformer

Can only speak for myself, here, but: 1984 references stopped being funny in the eightees, monkey-people are ugly, their buildings are bland and their story is dull.

SaladMan and Naara like this.
  15. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But Avians are Featheries, not Furries.

SaladMan likes this.
  16. MoonBeast

If it wasn't obvious enough, this poll is not about what's actually popular, it's about what people think is most popular. I already did a poll on personal opinions

17. GameQB11

GameQB11 Phantasmal Quasar

ok then.....did an ape shit in your cereal or something?

DeltaV, Naara, Grimmli and 7 others like this.
  18. Serakh-

Serakh- Yeah, You!

I, too, expected Apex to become the most popular choice. They just seem a natural pick for a SciFi-game. I'm not surprised by the Hylotl being on the bottom end of the spectrum, however.

Personally, I count myself among the small, boring minority actually playing a human.

19. Franklin0

Franklin0 Star Wrangler

I think a lot of the selections boil down to who looks the coolest, or who has the coolest armour sets. I'd like to think lore and culture play into race selection, but I doubt it does.

But I'm with you, I tend to go with humans. Mostly because I'm a sucker for picking the race that best aligns with my personal beliefs (the Avian being quite faithful, the Florans being applied Darwinians, the Glitch being traditionalists/xenophobic, the Apex being an authoritarian/pro-eugenics culture, etc.). Also because I tend to make gimmick characters, and I laugh every time I realize I'm playing as Robert Smith from The Cure.

20. VoltageHero

VoltageHero Void-Bound Voyager

Wait, wouldn't that mean Apex would be more popular if the forum was "infested" by furries?

Beathrus likes this.