Modding Help Mods Not Running - Mac

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AmyRachaelNapier, Feb 26, 2017.

1. AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

I have some mods installed through SMAPI, and while some work others don't.

Attaching a screenshot of Terminal, because I've no idea what anything means. I'm sorry I'm not all that technical.

Screenshot at Feb 26 23-43-42.png

Is this just a Mac thing, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

It's a Mac thing. I'm on a Mac too, and can't use anything that requires EntoaroxFramework or ALL either. I asked Ento about it and they said it had to do with the coding CA did for Mac and Linux.

I know, it sucks.

• AmyRachaelNapier

So we're just screwed? :(

• springacres

Pretty much. We Mac players can use most mods that DON'T require Ento's Framework and ALL, though.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

• townkrier

townkrier Void-Bound Voyager

I'm on a Mac too. The only mods that have not worked for me thus far are:
            Skill Prestige
            Get Dressed

There's tons of mods that do work though. After you update SMAPI and your game, I would just play around with what mods do and don't work. Anything that has a yellow/red error I just remove or fix.

Here's my mods folder ATM:
            [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
              AmyRachaelNapier and springacres like this.
            • springacres

Pretty much what @towncrier said. Even Get Dressed works, after a fashion (I have to press "C" to access it because the dresser doesn't show up, and using anything other than the hair, skin, accessories and shirt options freezes my game, but hey, it's still cheaper than paying the Wizard) Bottom line, most mods that only require SMAPI have at least a chance of working on a Mac.

• AmyRachaelNapier

Darn. I just want to get rid of all the trash around the town. :(

• townkrier

townkrier Void-Bound Voyager

Which mod(s)? Some are just replacement graphics/tile sets that aren't even loaded by SMAPI, just directly placed into the data folder. I can try to help if I know which mods. I use a few non SMAPI mods like "Way More Music", "Harvey Beard", "Old Timey Machines", and a few others that don't come quickly to mind.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Were you trying to use "Cleanup Crew"? Because I also made a map replacement version. You don't have to purchase anything BUT it is a map replacement so if you're using a mod that alters one of those locations it will overwrite it. Refer to this thread for those. [Edit] (Mac version now added to Cleanup Crew thread). That sucks to know a lot of my mods won't work on Mac versions. :cry: If you do, in fact, have mods that alter those locations already, I'd be willing to rework them to be cleaned up.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
                      AmyRachaelNapier likes this.
                    • AmyRachaelNapier

This is exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much! :D

(Side note: I hate to be picky, but there's still a can in the town in front of the dog pen. Is that still there for a reason?)

Androxilogin likes this.
                      • Androxilogin

Oh yeah, because there is an overlapping layer that goes over the player and looks really weird unless a tile replacement is added. This can be fixed, just have to add another tilesheet. I can get on that tonight when I get home. I know how annoying it can be. This fix is actually included in the vip mod but that's also incompatible. I kinda forgot about that, sorry! I'll throw it in there ASAP.

[EDIT] Fixed! Attached is an "All-in-One" file. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
                          springacres likes this.
                        • AmyRachaelNapier

Hey, this was crashing my game on trying to load my save? Have reverted to the previous maps for now.

• Androxilogin

Ah! Please move the tilesheet found in the content folder to the maps folder instead! Sorry!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
                            • AmyRachaelNapier

Weird. Still crashing.

• Androxilogin

I was just looking into this and was going to say just go with the old version for now. The CleanupFix.xnb is in fact supposed to be in the content folder, however there is an error somewhere for some odd reason. I'm looking it all over and testing it but mine is crashing too. The internals all seem correct, it may have just packaged weird. I'll keep testing til I get it. Sorry about that! The beach and forest are unaffected just so ya know!

• AmyRachaelNapier

No bother at all. Thanks so much for your work. <3

• Androxilogin

No problem. I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid. Lol. So far, already, I know for a fact I didn't take seasons into account with the earlier posted file but that also means four separate tilesheets are needed just for one fence. I'll post an upload once I test it this time rather than out of confidence. :cry:

springacres likes this.