Building/Ship Let's See Your Ship

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Felonious, Dec 9, 2013.

?

What do you use your ship for?

1. Storage

748 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. Decoration

676 vote(s)
    42.3%
  3. I can put things in my ship?

175 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Still draw this ship
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Breakout and TheFloranChef like this.
  2. soopytwist

soopytwist Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, elevators - that's a great idea, let's have elevators. Oh and the ability to make our own ship in a future update instead of using mods to do so. I love my fully upgraded human ship but it's too large and I don't really need to fill it with so much crap. Something like lizabell's ship above would be much better.
    [​IMG]
    Is it even possible to get this on one screen without a cut and paste job?

3. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

extra zoom levels mod should be it.

4. soopytwist

But then you see less detail? I should have taken two screen shots as separate images because it is difficult to see much detail in my above screen shot, plus Photobucket seems to compress them more.

5. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I love seeing human T8 ships on here, this looks great :D

6. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    I AM EXCITED FOR UPDATED WIRE GRAPHICS
    can we get some two tile NOT gates and repeaters too

7. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What does your wiring do?

cheeseywiz98 likes this.
  8. Jaber

it's a combination lock with four combinations hooked up to it plus some miscellaneous other wiring

managed to compress all the wiring enough to be able to fit the whole mechanism and three combinations into one room of the ship

...or ALMOST, anyways. the NOT gates taking up four tiles is making me lose a lot of space and I have to run the signal through four of them to delay the reset long enough that it doesn't trigger before it finishes checking the combinations

went through a lot of prototypes to figure out a method that worked in such a small space
    [​IMG]
    the middle area is the very first version, and the lower area is the final prototype
    it works by having all the possible combinations switched on, and eliminating them as soon as a non-matching input is received, with the third input activating any that haven't been switched off. I also scrapped the grid of tiny switches in favor of plugging a single switch into the corresponding nodes for the combination which saved a TON of space
    it uses a bunch of XOR gates for each combination, and any input into any node other than the ones activated by the programming switch will blink one of the bottom two XOR gates, turning off the persistent switch next to it and deactivating that combination until the system resets. if the persistent switch is still on at the reset, it means the combination was a match and it turns on the switch above it, which is linked to whatever you want the combination to activate

cheeseywiz98 likes this.
  9. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

long train is long.png
    Long train is long.

10. genesis_mk.3

genesis_mk.3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

could someone tell me how the drill console in the tpo right is called? i want to have a ship like that it's awesome!

11. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

"Mining Drill Console", available via using the /admin command and craft it in the crafting menue.

12. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

And I completed my Human T8-Ship. Might add some more details, but it's mostly ok. The USCM Lady.

[​IMG]

I wanted to give it a bit more of a cramped feeling, so I parted most normal rooms in two decks.

13. soopytwist

Are you a trek fan by any chance? I get a federation starship feeling from this, it looks great.

Did you furnish this in /admin mode because? I didn't think you could place a shield generator like that. When I farm them they turn into circuit boards.
    Also, I've been looking everywhere for the blue toilet cubicals - can't find any. Mind you, other than USCM Penal Colony's and bunkers I haven't found any human settlements like the Floran, Apex and Avian's.

You know what would be the icing on the cake for your ship? Elevators....or turbolifts if you prefer ;) Chucklefish need to add elevators right now.

14. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

Yes, I'm a trek fan. Must have been some unconscious inspiration! And yes, I made use of the admin command for some of the furniture and most of the outpost blocks, because they are such a pain in the ass to farm. Not because the availability, but how hard they are to brake.

The Squid likes this.
  15. Jaber

[​IMG]
    tic tac toe arena mk. II
    massively reduced the number of wire elements in the display to minimize lag and completely rewired from scratch
    much easier to share thanks to being built on a ship, though the ship invulnerability and light bleeding ruin the atmosphere and experience somewhat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1qa8mjigue3juo/tictactoe.7z?dl=0

the game starts when people stand inside the two boxes and push the buttons under the torches at the same time

had to rewire the damn thing like three times to make it as immune to starbound's dickery as I think I can manage

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  16. EarlGrey

EarlGrey Big Damn Hero

17. Jaber

Yeah but my computer is pretty slow and I only want to stop this one specific case of light bleed where the display bleeds into the area underneath and overwrites the red lighting
    Without any bleeding at all it's difficult to even see the ground since it's all sideview and we can't see the surfaces it's actually shining on, so there needs to be at least one block of light bleed

What I'd really like is if starbound just prevented light from passing THROUGH blocks. As far as lighting goes blocks behave as though they're semitransparent and most lights will go right through anything less than three blocks thick

18. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That would be nice.

19. Vrow

Vrow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I admit I've been avoiding posting this since it never felt like it was done, but I guess I can only feel like that for so far.

After long, I present you my ship project, Your Greatest Glitched Carrier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A fully functional transportation ship, with two wire rooms (one with a special Shield Generator feature), a small reactor, a rather big storage area separated in three parts going from, from left to right, Blocks, Misc, Furniture, with living quarters and a working panic room!

My proudest room is the Kitchen and the Freezer, then comes all the functional, though simple, wiring.

There's the Emergency Locking System (Red Lever in the Cockpit) where all red alarms are activated, all lights are turned off and most doors are locked.

Pressing the Panic Distress Button (Small Button in the Cockpit) will activate a countdown that, when it finishes, will automatically lock the door and open the door to the Panic Room (Right Tower), a room with Stasis Pod, functioning, though old, radiator, and enough rations to live through a Sun's whole life!
    Inside the Panic Room there will be yet another button, where upon pressed will activate the Stasis Pod and activate a small timer to lock the door, safely securing the inhabitants until rescue comes and pries the whole thing open.

Plus pressing the switch in the bedroom, the tiny one, will turn off all lights for better rest. ^^

And thanks to the Racial Storage Lockers, I was able to make the whole storage area more functional. There are clear parts that I'm not done decorating yet, and some I'd like to be able to tackle on a new point of view, but after not getting any kind of inspiration or ideas as to how to finish those rooms (Living Quarters, Working Station, Hallway) for a good amount of time, I just decided to simply show it already.

I tested it with the Shadow Casting Lights mod, and I must say it looks splendid with it! However, I felt that capturing a HD screenshot of the whole thing with that on would be too much work, so I abstained from it. Same with simply posting a video, since I have no recording tools nor video editing programs.

Special thanks to the Need some simple wiring help thread and @SeaJay for providing such helpful wiring and motivation to input functional wiring in the ship; the The Rise of Fum al Samakah (a RP progression story) thread for keeping my motivation well-fed to finishing it; the people from the Starbound Yokohama Server and others for giving me suggestions as to what to do with certain rooms.

20. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pangalactic Porcupine

Mine's basic I guess, but everything an explorer needs is onboard.
    Top row: Sleeping quarters, medical bay, kitchen, toilet.
    Middle row: Farms, connecting hallway, mess hall (I guess I put the mess hall in the wrong room, eh?), teleporter/gunlocker, meeting room, bridge.
    Bottom row: Storage, lounge, engineering, toilet.

Click on it for full size:
    [​IMG]